Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
McKee Glass Factory
Jeanette, Pennslyvania
McKee Glass started producing glass around 1834. Around the 1850 time period a new factory was built in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to produce flint and pressed glass. The company relocated to Jeannette, PA. in 1888 until 1951 when it was bought by Thatcher Glass Manufacturing company. Types of glass produced: Depression, Pattern, Milk White, Utility Kitchenware.

Attachments

• mckeefactory1913.jpg
    mckeefactory1913.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 290

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
This bottle is embossed on base S McKee...Did this bottle come from that glass factory?

Attachments

• 113_1312.JPG
    113_1312.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 246

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool info. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. I lived in an area called McKees Rocks for a time. There is also a town called McKeesport near Pittsburgh. I wonder if they are all connected?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
willie d said:
Cool info. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. I lived in an area called McKees Rocks for a time. There is also a town called McKeesport near Pittsburgh. I wonder if they are all connected?
I was also born and raised in Pittsburgh. Born Homestead Hospital. I remember McKeesport. I also remember Glassport. I dont know the connection. There were many glass factories in the area. Easy access to coal and right on the river. Most of the glass factories in the area are closing. I will post more info.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
willie d said:
I was also born and raised in Pittsburgh. Born Homestead Hospital. I remember McKeesport. I also remember Glassport. I dont know the connection. There were many glass factories in the area. Easy access to coal and right on the river. Most of the glass factories in the area are closing. I will post more info.
I was born at Western Pennsylvania Hospital. I lived in Hazelwood just across the river from Homestead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread