MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little wandering at a new site today, given the frigid temps. Found this little gem "Ponds Extract" circa 1880's (Guesstimate)
Ponds1.jpg
Ponds2.jpg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one!! I dug over a hundred of them in the woods across from me as a teenager. Man, it was cold and windy today, gotta hand it to you for hunting today!!

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one!! I dug over a hundred of them in the woods across from me as a teenager. Man, it was cold and windy today, gotta hand it to you for hunting today!!

Found it along the beach on Antonelli st. in a town called "H", I can fill up a 50 gal barrel with the bottles there.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i've picked up a couple on the beach too....over a hundred?....were they drinking them!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've picked up a couple on the beach too....over a hundred?....were they drinking them!

The dump I refer to was 70 yards long, 20 yards wide, and three feet deep. Took me three years of digging most of the summer to get most of it excavated, probably pulled 3,000 bottles out of there. For some reason there were a lot of the Pond's bottles there. When I found out they had value I quit mowing lawns and doing yard work for teenage spending money and devoted my time to digging and selling bottles. I made around $4,000 in three summers from 13-16 years old back in the early 1960s. I was rich!!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found it along the beach on Antonelli st. in a town called "H", I can fill up a 50 gal barrel with the bottles there.

Down in Bricktown, eh?? If you ever get over to my place you'll see the brick walks all made from old bricks we took off the beach there when I was a kid. Must have been biting cold with that wind blowing straight down the river. I went to CT for lunch that day and saw all the whitecaps from the TZB. Hope you get some more good ones there!! That Pond's is in great shape!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool ! I was exPecting to to see White Glass :thumbsup:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
like I said...I have found two intact and three others broke at my beach site...I know it is witch hazel in an alcohol base...but what did folks use it for?

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first old bottle I ever found :icon_thumright:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey charlie! Where ya been lately

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass, had heart surgery in Feb then computer crashed . Got a new computer and a new pacemaker/defibulator ,arteries are clear,waiting for spring and the thaw

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Geeze, Charlie,

That's some major surgerizing, right there. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Did the docs give you the All Clear?

air-raid-siren1.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that you're ok. I was thinking of putting an APB out on you.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hijack your thread muckybottles but Charlie is a digging legend and we haven't heard from him in a while.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mucky , my apologies for the highjacking ,just wanted to comment on your ponds. A big thanks to everyone else. Bass, a legend,yeah in my own mind :tongue3:

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down in Bricktown, eh?? If you ever get over to my place you'll see the brick walks all made from old bricks we took off the beach there when I was a kid. Must have been biting cold with that wind blowing straight down the river. I went to CT for lunch that day and saw all the whitecaps from the TZB. Hope you get some more good ones there!! That Pond's is in great shape!!

It was so cold I started developing the "metal detecting claw". It's kind of a sketchy neighborhood, I will have to hit it in the off hours.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read it cures everything from hemorrhoids to cataracts