Night dig reveals new favorite local bottle!

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I decided to load up my digging stuff and head down to my riverbank dump which is still pretty frozen despite the fact it's been pretty warm for the past two weeks. I was digging for about an hour when I saw the bottom of this bottle, and ill tell you I never fought so hard to get a bottle from its frozen brick and root laced grave. It took about hour to get this bottle out. When it did finally free up to my surprise it was a slug plate half pint strap side flask from my home town. Needless to say its my new favorite local bottle I have dug so far. Thanks for looking-Justin

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-4229049866.jpg
    image-4229049866.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-4087287009.jpg
    image-4087287009.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 96

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How sweet it is. You're fortunate to get that thing out in one piece. Never have done any bottle digging at night although i have done some metal detecting at night in the hot summer months. I've got a feeling your dump is going to produce some fantastic finds this year. I'm sure you have a special display place for this one

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bass it has found a new home in my display case with my local hutches drugs and blob tops I just wish I could find info on John h. Finn ill have to go to the library. This was my first night dig I think it's easier to spot glass with my head lamp and I don't have to worry about onlookers.

OP
OP
RelicDude

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys night digging is interesting II don't think I would dig a privy at night though I have the fear of digging my own grave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread