epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I was very happy to add this super rare 1882 Brewery permiy for Burton Brewing in Paterson, during this time it was against federal law to bottle beer in the same factory in which you brewed and barreled it. This permit allowed 1-2 barrels to be sent to their bottling plant in the 5th district to be bottled on this day, One part went to the brewery and the other to the tax collector, this is the first such permit I'm aware of and it has both pieces still attached. There are a few minor condition issues but with a little help from Microsoft Paint I was able to clean up the image to print out a few for other collectors of Paterson items as you can see....

Attachments

• xxb.jpg
    xxb.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 110

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find to go with your collection. How did you come across this?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great go-with !! Congrats !!

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim, just an hello, glad to find you again since you left ABF, best wishes and good to see you are still around......Joe McDonough

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim, Live Long and prosper my friend! If you have an interest in edgewater let me know, I have some fun stuff from there around 1902 or so.....Joe

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Jim, Live Long and prosper my friend! If you have an interest in edgewater let me know, I have some fun stuff from there around 1902 or so.....Joe
Bottles from Edgewater Joe?

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually firemen stuff, I remember you had some Firemen related items that you took a shine to. I was fortunate enough to find the records of the Hudson River railroad company that were subpeoned as evidence in the brake up of "The Robber Barrons". In there was documents from every company they did business with along with Secret Service documents and counterfiet money.
Also I found tickets for the BIG PIC NIC and Fireman's Ball to benefit the fire companies circa 1902. These are in as sold condition with possibly a straight pin hole or two. If you would like to see them I would gladly send a couple to you. I am not interested in money, just thought you might like to have them, best wishes.....Joe

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure would Joe, in fact I just met with a guy yesterday who has the most amazing collection of Passaic FD items I've ever seen, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks... Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread