Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottle did you dig it? Is it amber or puce?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a pint, maybe $200-250 in that condition, could be higher to someone looking to add this variant...

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Show a pic vertical, in good daylight, thru a window, get close and fill the frame entirely with the bot and make sure all dirt is off inside and out. Is the lip chipped or cracked? I'll ask around, try to get some good numbers at the Rochester show, I am not trying to throw epackage under the bus, it might be rarer than I think. But its so sick and swirled and eaten and scratched and all banged up from being wet and frozen and grinded up in the dump for over a century of freeze/thaw cycles that it gets very low rating on condition (unless chipped or cracked which brings it lower). Its entirely collectable and still valuable, and would be much improved with a good professional polish job, even with heavy scratching or a bit of chipping. Its a great bottle I would be very happy to dig one, even if not pristine.

OP
OP
G

gene39

Greenie
Aug 23, 2011
Syracuse Springs pint

Thank you for your post. I will get better pics. I was diggig nails next to it when I found this. I got lucky and didn't break it with the shovel. No chips, I think it was a full bottle and the cork rotted out maybe it still has the seal on the lip. Would that make it worth more with the seal on it?

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for your post. I will get better pics. I was diggig nails next to it when I found this. I got lucky and didn't break it with the shovel. No chips, I think it was a full bottle and the cork rotted out maybe it still has the seal on the lip. Would that make it worth more with the seal on it?
That bottle came with a regular cork in it as a stopper, nothing...

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got home from rochester ny show and talked to a dealer with a good selection of minerals, hawethornes and saratogas and a nice teal massena and others but no Syracuse, he recently sold one same size and color and says 250 is a good price in excellent condition. I notice a lot of minerals and sodas are polished, rarely is any trace of sickness seen in these at the shows. The minerals are good candidates for the polisher guy because they are robust, and round, and always sick as a dog after the recovery. If I dug that, it would be off to the polisher guy for certain.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got home from rochester ny show and talked to a dealer with a good selection of minerals, hawethornes and saratogas and a nice teal massena and others but no Syracuse, he recently sold one same size and color and says 250 is a good price in excellent condition. I notice a lot of minerals and sodas are polished, rarely is any trace of sickness seen in these at the shows. The minerals are good candidates for the polisher guy because they are robust, and round, and always sick as a dog after the recovery. If I dug that, it would be off to the polisher guy for certain.
YAAAAAAAAAAA ME, I got one right and it's not even from Paterson!!! USA, USA, USA....

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
epackage nice work on that. By the way I had my eye out for a McCormick green smelling salt like ours, or even a stopper for one. No luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions