My best find yet!!!Cobalt pill bottle!

Corroded_Copper

Feb 1, 2013
SW PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this peeeertty Cobalt blue "B.P CO" pill bottle digging in the dump. Very small. It just fell down out of the side of the hole in front of me while I was getting the "searched dirt" out of the hole. I think its my best find yet!
coins%u00252520deer%2520bottles%2520102.JPG coins%u00252520deer%2520bottles%2520103.JPG

BTW that thing that looks like a crack is how it was made. I am not sure the proper name for it, but it is not a crack, it is a grove.

Thanks for looking!

-Alex (CorrodedCopper)

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little bottle. Cobalt blue bottles always have some value to them just for their color

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool pill bottle. Does it have a rolled or ground lip?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
still waiting to find an intact nice old cobalt....good job.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Brunswick Pharmacal Company, New Brunswick, NJ. Seen on small cobalt medicinal bottles, dating perhaps from about 1895-1930. Bottles are also marked with a "back-to-back PP" inside a circle. Actual glass manufacturer is unknown, but Maryland Glass Corporation, Baltimore, MD (a prolific maker of cobalt blue bottles after 1907) could be one possibility.

icyheart

Mar 8, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
lol el cheapo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful find
Cork Cobalt Bottles are a high wanted item...

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the top is ground it will be rough around the edges of the lip if its smooth then it's rolled top. Really cool little bottle though.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

diggermatt

Apr 16, 2014
Wow thats pretty cool.I metal detect, but hey im all for anything thats going to make me money.dug right out of the dirt.you gotta love it.

OP
OP
C

Corroded_Copper

Feb 1, 2013
SW PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They usually sell in the $20-30 range

Ok. The last one I saw that had sold on ebay (was presented beautifully with lots of info and was in VERY nice shape) of the same size went for $50. But the bottle was very nice, and the presentation was very well done, and surely took lots of time. So I figured $30 was about what I could get if I did a nice, but quick listing. I really don't want to sell it at the time though, I loves me some cobalts lol. Thanks for the info!!!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool little bottle! I love interesting small bottles- and the cobalt color is a bonus- Thanks for showing! Yakker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread