Emerald green Chinese poison bottle?

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi there, it's been awhile since I posted one of my finds so I'm glad to post my most recent bottle find that I dug the other day. I was digging at an old Chinese mining townsite and I dug up this emerald green Chinese bottle that resembles a poison bottle. I'm not sure if its a poison bottle or not so I was wondering if anyone here knows what this bottles contents were and if anyone has seen or dug one before? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No speaka chinese. Whatever it is i give it a 9.5 on looks. Its a beautiful bottle. That color is gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the bottle.

The third and second characters from the bottom looked familiar.

But they seem to be katakana, a Japanese system for words written in a foreign language. As syllables they'd be NA and RU, meaningless by themselves.

But the RU could also be an element meaning 'bending person.'

Someone fluent in Chinese characters could probably tell at a glance.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look around a little bit and found this site page.

medicine

Although there's nothing that looks as COOL as yours, it's a place to start, perhaps. What a great little find! Thanks for the show-
Yakker

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent a picture of your green bottle to my son in law Kawaii 5 weeks ago. One of his workers' first language is Chinese . Said he'd ask him if he could interpret for you. Unfortunately the guy had been transferred to another island for a month . He just got back and confirmed the info you received above, that the writing is not Chinese . The guy said maybe Japanese also. My son in law says, he know someone who knows Japanese also and will see if he can interpret. If your still monitoring this thread I'll let you know when I get from my son in law, may be days may be weeks.

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi Mark Todd, I really appreciate all your help and I hope your son in laws friend can figure out what the characters mean, looking forward to hearing about the outcome. All the best.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is driving me nuts, I hit the books.

It's POSSIBLE, not likely, that the first character is 'ryou,' meaning 'heal,' and the third (from the top) 'ha,' a katakana which is by itself a meaningless symbol....

The fifth from the top may be a two-stroke kanji, 'cho,' meaning 'block.' Rather than just a kana.

I can't find exact matches, which may simply be an element of the way it's written as opposed to printed in my references.

All this must be taken with shakers full of salt!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
my son lives in japan but he hasn't answered me yet....you could send that off to a language prof at any Univ. with a Japanese program and get quick service.

kdenz

Mar 31, 2013
SHAW A.F.B, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe it says not to be taken? he is a similar bottle just its in English
POISON COFFIN GREEN BOTTLE .JPG

OP
OP
bcboy

bcboy

Nov 2, 2006
British Columbia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hi Butter Hat, to answer your question, no I have not solved this or figured out 100% what the Japanese characters mean. When I do ill be sure to post it here. Thanks

Rob (B.C.)

Apr 14, 2009
That sure is a great bottle!!!...Nice to see there's stuff like this to be found here in BC! :)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
sorry it took me so long...

It says "Yakueki Haruna" 薬液ハルナ, which I think is/was produced by a company called Haruna or Halna. Yakueki means something like medicinal liquid, which I *think* was used as a women's hair care product.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry it took me so long...

It says "Yakueki Haruna" 薬液ハルナ, which I think is/was produced by a company called Haruna or Halna. Yakueki means something like medicinal liquid, which I *think* was used as a women's hair care product.
Medicinal Liquid are the first two symbols, what about the remaining four symbols?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Medicinal Liquid are the first two symbols, what about the remaining four symbols?

the first two characters are Kanji from Chinese...the last three are Katakana which is Japanese letters that have sounds so you have "ha" "ru" "na" so it either says "haruna" or halna...."r" and "l" are the same sound in Japanese.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread