epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone posted a question the other day on one of the Facebook bottle pages regarding buying a bottle listed as a tear catcher. These bottles were supposedly used by people to hold tears during a time of mourning, once the tears had evaporated the mourning period for your loved one was over, as it turns out they are most likely scent bottles.

I did a little research to see what they sell for on Ebay, and it seems they consistently bring $50-150, so I was very happy to but this group of 8. I'll be happy if they bring $50 each, and even happier at the high end. I guess you never know where this hobby will lead you if you keep your eyes and ears open, there's so much to learn...

Attachments

• 27879396_1_x.jpg
    27879396_1_x.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 77

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those too- and aren't they cool?! I got mine from my grandmother- who had a trinket shelf to die for. I packed mine up (moving soon), so I can show it, but I did look it up once and found that they're (to my memory) from the middle east- and indeed perfumes, or scent bottles. Yours don't appear to have the stoppers (also glass)- and mine got lost a long time ago when I was less careful with precious things. The price usually is assigned to bottles w/ stoppers. I could be wrong (I'd like to be wrong). Nice to see those familiar and beautiful bottles- Thanks for that!- Yakker

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them. I think you will prosper on that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks epackage because had I found one I would have never guested what it was used for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread