Complete Mallet found today.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a dive today and found a 1700s Mallet.
DAVE Bottle2.JPG 20140701_185654.jpg 20140701_163013.jpg

Got it from the same spot I found a Straffordshire slipware plate.
20140701_185613.jpg

Thanks for looking,
ZDD

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine
Awesome Bottle Dave!!!:notworthy: It will make a great addition to your collection. I've been itching to get back into the water, but I fell in Jan, cracked two ribs and broke the collarbone in half, then I fell two months later and badly ruptured a disk..:BangHead:. just had surgery for that two weeks ago... 8 hours on the operating table!!! now I need knee replacement!!! :sadsmiley: Can't wait to get this all behind me... Anyway, good luck to you, always like to read your stories and see your photos. take care and be safe,:icon_thumright:
Wayne

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Bottle Dave!!!:notworthy: It will make a great addition to your collection. I've been itching to get back into the water, but I fell in Jan, cracked two ribs and broke the collarbone in half, then I fell two months later and badly ruptured a disk..:BangHead:. just had surgery for that two weeks ago... 8 hours on the operating table!!! now I need knee replacement!!! :sadsmiley: Can't wait to get this all behind me... Anyway, good luck to you, always like to read your stories and see your photos. take care and be safe,:icon_thumright:
Wayne
Holy smokes Wayne, time for a better pair of shoes buddy.:tongue3: You gotta stop beating your self up.
Bad backs can suck for us northern divers that have to ware heavy dry suits and lots of lead, I hope you heal up nicely.
I was hoping I might get back out to this site this weekend but it looks like we are in for a good blow here this weekend that will screw the water up for us.
Anyway I will try and keep my Berwick buddy entertained well he heals up from his injuries. Take care and hopefully we may be able to dive together before too long.
ZDD

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this on today's finds. That mallet is coolest thing I've seen posted on this site for some time and the slip ware plate is amazing. Thank you for sharing and showing off your beautiful finds.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed! ZodiacDD, this is a fantastic piece. Nice recovery sir. One of the better finds we've seen in quite sometime. Please tell us more! Story! Story! Where were you hunting, wreck, harbor, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed! ZodiacDD, this is a fantastic piece. Nice recovery sir. One of the better finds we've seen in quite sometime. Please tell us more! Story! Story! Where were you hunting, wreck, harbor, etc?

Thanks BA, this was from a New England wreck site that really doesn't have much of anything on it, really picked over. But many years ago I found that Slipware plate on it and just knew there may be something else worth while left there. I was the only diver to find anything so it must have been my sixth sense I guess. Sure made me happy and displays well with my plate.
ZDD

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. We appreciate you sharing it with us. It is a great bottle. Sometimes it pays to double-check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread