Im new...

Parker4

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new...

Hello I am new to this site to try to find out how much a very old White Horse Scotchbottles' worth. My home was built back in the 1800's, the bottle was found along with many other various bottles under my home. I am told that my home used to be a bootleggers. Anyway, can someone perhaps help me to figure out its' worth, I have pics, plus a detailed descript for any lettering on the bottle as well as the cap.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Parker and welcome to this website. We would love to see pictures of your bottles. For best results, take pictures in natural light and try to get shots of the whole bottle plus the tops and bottoms. There are some very experienced "bottle personnel" on this site who could help identify what you have. Thanks for stopping by and we are looking forward to seeing your bottles

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Most White Horse bottles are fairly common, unless older and labelled there's not many selling out there.... Welcome to the forum and please post some pics so we can give you more help

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if its the bottle I think it is ,its a prohibition 5th or pt.dark green with horse on it.with one of thues wier twist caps or a porcelain no refill caps.

OP
OP
P

Parker4

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20140611_102954.jpg 20140611_103152.jpg
The bottle itself is a dark green. The lid is metal/tin - says Whitehorse Distillery est 1741. you can see the white horse is very predominant... on the other side of the bottle, at the bottom of the neck is raised glass in the same horse shape. on the bottom of the bottle are these Numbers & letters... 1st line; G349. 2nd line; S 1. 3rd line; UGB . It very well could be from the prohibition, due to my home being a bootleggers. I will post other pics if needed.
Can anyone give me an idea of its worth? Thanks for the replies so far :-)

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
You would have a hard time getting more than $5-10 for it unless you found some crazy horse loving lady who wanted to give you $20 for it at a flea market.... I wish the news was better

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have a hard time getting more than $5-10 for it unless you found some crazy horse loving lady who wanted to give you $20 for it at a flea market.... I wish the news was better

Lol horse lady! Actually sounds possible though haha!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on how much scotch is left in it!

OP
OP
P

Parker4

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies.... I wish it was worth more for sure, but its still a cool looking bottle. I have a lot of old bottles found from around my home, a gin bottle... most are non-threaded probably for liquid medicine, also an old looking ketchup bottle. Again thanks for the help :-)
I am now going to drink the scotch lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread