Pepsi-Cola manufacture error

t_web610

Greenie
Jul 21, 2014
NY
Primary Interest:
Other
Just started collecting ACL bottles about a year ago now and want to shear my favor find thus far. I bought this bottle at an antique shop in NY. It appears during the filling process the metal tube that filled the bottles fail off the filling machine into the bottle. No one caught it before it went out for distribution. It was the first bottle that I found full with the cap on it so I was really excited. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
This happens from time to time, they used to bring decent money because of it, but then the internet appeared and bottle cappers and bottle caps were able to be purchased cheap. So people stuck all kinds of things in bottles, refilled them and capped them and started swamping the market with them, especially Ebay because they hoped a sucker would believe the story of a ball point pen made in 1998 being inside a bottle made in 1968.

You'll find pens, machine parts, nuts, bolts and basically anything else you could stick down the opening in them, but yours does look like the typical fill tube from the bottle machine. For a little while people were capping Pepsi bottles with Coke caps, or Coke bottles with Mountain Dew caps, then they listed them for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on Ebay hoping for a sucker to take the bait, sadly some did. Like Barnum said, a fool and his money as soon parted.

Enjoy it, it's a cool piece, and like I said looks to be the real deal...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread