Some of todays dump finds:

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what this little green bottle is and how do I get the stopper out when its stuck? Thanks. Pipe has red see through mouth piece and looks great after sitting in a dump for over a 100 years. The shaker is pretty amazing. So brittle yet somehow nearly perfect sitting deep in a dump. green jar.JPG group.JPG shaker.JPG

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds. I wish I could tell you something about your bottles but I just admire them and don't know much about rarity,age,etc.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have a few meds,looks like ones a bell ans. your shaker is what thay call the phonics design.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The green with the stopper is a lavender smelling salts...

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool digs there!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! you got some nice color , I have tried soaking the stoppers in water ,then oil sitting on top ,soaked them with WD 40 just about everything I could think of . So far I have learned that if it is going to come out it will right away or not at all .

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Ground glass stoppers that are stuck can be difficult. You may, after soaking with WD-40, put the body of the jar up to the lip in a warm bath. Gradually warm the bath to hot (I say, gradually). The increased air pressure inside the vessel may allow the stopper to pop free.

If that sounds like a good idea, you could heat the interior air even more by submerging the jar in a sauce pan of water. Keep the jar off the bottom of the pan with wire 'legs.' You may have to attach some lead wheel weights to the legs to prevent the jar from bobbing at the surface of the water. Slowly bring the water to a boil. As long as the glass is heated uniformly, it should be fine. Handle with oven mits, and don't let the jar cool too fast.

Heating and cooling glass is done with some risk. Glass will tolerate substantial heat, but you can't apply the heat suddenly or differentially without risking fractures.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent advice Harry

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the smelling salt stopper is groud glass it may have bound together id say let it be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread