Is this dump worth digging?

Bottle

Aug 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found a dump in a really old area by a creek, but unfortunately I was finding 1940's and 50's bottles on the top layer. I'm not sure if it's worth digging. Found a blue noxzema jar from the 50's, a wildroot bottle with a twist top, a NEHI beverages bottle from the 50's I think and a bayer co. bottle twist top. I think some of the bottles might be as new as the 60's. I didn't really dig much because I know there could be some bad stuff in there. I'm just wondering how much older it gets if I dig deeper or if it's even worth it. It's really close to where I live but I don't even really want to go back.

I found another dump in the woods somewhere but it's behind a persons backyard and it would be hard to dig without making noise. There were actually old bottles there or pieces of them but I couldn't do anything because the back deck of the house was about 30 feet away at most. Frustrating.

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Hello, Ive found some cool things from 50's 60's dumps. Get permission on these old dumps and it will be worth the peace of mind and its the right thing to do. Good luck and God Bless! Paul:coffee2:

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. The 50s dump I would pass on. But the dump you found by the house sounds worth digging. You should just knock on the door and ask if they mind if you dug there. Good luck

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

OP
OP
B

Bottle

Aug 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one by the house I guess people used to go there (without asking) and the guy got sick of it and got police involved. Maybe I'll just knock and ask.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check the 50s site , dig a test hole right in the deeps trash layer if nothing older comes up , move on . For the dump under the deck or near it I'd say live it alone . most people don't like you digging so clos to there house.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
I just dumped three cases of unembossed clear blobs tops with stoppers at recycling the other day, so it's not far fetched that there could be older stuff at the bottom of your dump, just have to decide if you want to spend the time...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions