Played hooky form work this afternoon to explore a bottle dump.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I had to take a piece of equipment in for repairs this afternoon a few towns over. It was already about 2 o'clock when I got done and decided to finish off the day taking a look at this dump. I found this dump about ten years back when it became a park and never went back due to the fact everything looked way to modern for my taste. I thought maybe areas possibly eroded or washed out to expose older stuff. I only had about 1 1/2 hours to explore and found tons of applied panted soda bottles from the 1950's 60's. Still to new for me the best I could hope for would be some local milks or soda. Possibly if one could do a large scale excavation ya might get into older bottles. Unfortunately its a park and not possible. So here are my pictures! There is a milk or cream in the hole 001.JPG Was a local and intact but label was to far gone. Bummer 002.JPG One of the only bottles I would of keep but was busted. Embossed Dr. Pepper. 003.JPG Tons of unbroken bottles like this Ball Mason and other bottle. 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG Pepsi sticking out of the wall. Also was this neat doll head. 008.JPG And it was whole! 009.JPG Dads and a Crush. 010.JPG This was cool! Some type of lamp base or decorative milk glass bottle? Any Ideas on what it was would be great!! The pictures give it no justice, it has very fancy stamping not visible in pics. 011.JPG The lip looks ground and not broke. 012.JPG I left it due to the large chip at the bottom. Actually I left everything in all these pictures. 013.JPG Did keep one bottle because its was a local soda. Also some small metal surface finds! 015.JPG Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on taking my nephews to this site in a few years once they are a bit older due to the dangers. Its a great spot for a starter bottle hunter that's for sure.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is late but it do's look like there maybe some good stuff in there , like acls and milks.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is late but it do's look like there maybe some good stuff in there , like acls and milks.

Yeah I showed a buddy digger of mine the pictures and he said the same thing. Why I didn't take more home or at least go back and dig a small deep test hole . Im thinking about going back prepared and spend the good part of a day "cleaning up" and bring home any decent acl's and other items I find interesting. I will be sure and post on here and see what others think. Personally I never was much of an acl collector. This dump sure is large it runs the whole length of the ravine on both sides and the ravine must be 75 yards or so long. On top of that I only spotted one 6' round area that looked like someone might of dug a test hole at some point. So it looks basically untouched. Others probably thought the same thing as myself that it is to modern. Something tells me to drive my pickup and bring tons of newspaper and plenty of garbage bags! LOL! At the very least I am cleaning up the place right?

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those might not be super old but man it would get me excited. That's about the age of the majority of bottles that I find around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread