epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
A guy in South Carolina found this painted jug, he removed the paint and looky looky, a A.L. Schwarz 2 gallon jug. It's coming home to me at the end of the week, you never know.....

zzzzj.jpg zzzj2.jpg zzzj3.jpg

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
That's exactly what this guy did...

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
He just bought regular paint remover at the store, doesn't harm the glaze at all....

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice addition...Jethro

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you've been doing great on adding to your vast Patterson collection! Good luck andkeep it up.

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome Jim. So are most of these brown jugs painted?

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
No not most, but you'll find many people painted over them because the didn't like the decoration or wanted then another color to fit their home decor....

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E ! Thanks !!!!! :censored: Now I will be spending every spare dollar on painted jugs , you just had to go and post this didn't ya ? :tongue3: by the time I find one I will have spent a $1.000 bucks :laughing7: Do you know how many painted/decorated jugs I have seen through the years and they are usually pretty cheap . I can't believe in all these years I have not thought of this !!!! definitely going to be a new area of collecting for me and if nothing else I will end up with one heck of a blank jug collection. Congrats !!!

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E ! Thanks !!!!! :censored: Now I will be spending every spare dollar on painted jugs , you just had to go and post this didn't ya ? :tongue3: by the time I find one I will have spent a $1.000 bucks :laughing7: Do you know how many painted/decorated jugs I have seen through the years and they are usually pretty cheap . I can't believe in all these years I have not thought of this !!!! definitely going to be a new area of collecting for me and if nothing else I will end up with one heck of a blank jug collection. Congrats !!!

Haha same!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread