epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
This hobby is a GREAT ONE filled with GREAT PEOPLE, and today is just another example of that. I got a PM about this Louis Dittmer hutch(larger tombstone embossing) last weekend found in PA. at a flea market by someone on Facebook, I thought it was an upgrade to one I already had and I asked him to grab it for me. When I searched thru mine for the one I knew had a damaged lip, it turned out the variant he had found was totally different as you can see, so I was even more psyched to get it.

Then once again THE KINDNESS that is so prevalent in this hobby kicked in, he sent me another PM telling me I didn't need to pay him for the hutch, he asked that I keep an eye out for what he collects and return the favor if I get anything. I don't think there are a better group of people in any hobby I've been involved in thru the years that comes close to comparing with the folks I've dealt with collecting bottles. I like to believe it's karma at work, and I'll say it again, if we all went thru the boxes of bottles collecting dust in our basements, garages and sheds imagine how many we could pass along to collectors from those areas looking for specific pieces.

I'm not saying you should be giving them away, but if you're not gonna display them, sell them cheap or trade them for something someone has that you may want, just a thought...

Also pictured is another bottler from Paterson, J. Greenwood, showing the back of his hutch and the Dittmer hutch, as you can see Greenwood used the same shield design but added a large "off center" G above it. I also wanted to share the pic of the nice 1870's shortie blob(about 7") from Christian Braun that I recently got on the cheap as well, Braun went on to become mayor of Paterson from 1893-1896.

zzzzdittmer.jpg zzzzdittmer1.jpg zzzzditt2.jpg Braun, Christian short amber blob.jpg

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome hutches. I love the shields on them. And your absolutely right there are good in this hobby.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice addition and glad you shared the kind news

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is what puts n.j above any place ells . You can get more bottles out of one town then you can get out of the some states !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread