Anyone have tips on using a bottle cleaning machine?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We're buying a homeade one from a guy in the metal detecting club we belong to ,complete with the copper and powder chemicals we need. Other than being sure to put enough copper in the bottles and enough of the powder,any suggestions for a newbie? We have a few inks that we bought a while back that we might clean but firstly we will try out a clear crown top my husband dug last week.it will be great to see some of the blobs I have bought it the past clear and clean. Wish our machine we're buying had more than one cylinder but I guess you've gotta start somewhere huh?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful until you learn the ropes using a polisher. I would suggest starting with bottles that have little to no value. I've heard the round bottles are the easiest to clean because of their shape. Be careful with the copper, it is quite expensive. When you think you have got it figured out, I'll throw some business your way. Might even send you some practice bottles. Good luck and please keep us updated as I have been pondering the idea myself.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Be careful until you learn the ropes using a polisher. I would suggest starting with bottles that have little to no value. I've heard the round bottles are the easiest to clean because of their shape. Be careful with the copper, it is quite expensive. When you think you have got it figured out, I'll throw some business your way. Might even send you some practice bottles. Good luck and please keep us updated as I have been pondering the idea myself.

That's the plan,to start with bottles that are little or of no value,I would be sick if we ruined something good just learning. The copper was included,it was a good sized container full and he reuses it over and over again. Not sure if I want to take on others' bottles just yet Bass but I appreciate the offer. We might go to a bottle show or Civil War show and get some bottles that are on tables as is and practice on them too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions