Found while scouting a new site

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a place with some history and decided to scout it out. Found where the old blacksmith shop had been, old horse shoes and nails and other iron items strewn about. Was told that in the early 1800's it was actually the center of town with a Church, School and general store all within a few hunded foot area of the blacksmith shop. I got owners permission to detect it all and was told nobody has ever detected on it. Located the church cornerstone but can't make out the engraving they carved into it. Found this old bottle while scouting around. no markings other than the number 51 on the bottom. My guess is it's either an old pharmacy bottle or an ink bottle. Any idea of what it really is and approximate age? Info would help me estimate the time period of activity at this location. IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1530.jpg IMG_1542.jpg

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
1920-40 med bottle, impossible to narrow down without a label...

OP
OP
mrtim

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank You epackage for the information, there should be the good possibility of finding silver coins at this location. can't want to start swinging...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting will be great. Concentrate on the areas where people walked, tied up horses, buggies, etc. the road and store front areas will be the best areas. Keep in mind, if it hasn't been detected, then it likely hasn't been hunted out for bottles either. I have a similar location to yours and have found the coins in the road, storefront, and town square area. Look for building foundations then go to the back and look for depressions in the ground. These will be privies or wells. Start digging. If it's an old privy, you'll know soon enough. A location like this could be the kind of place you could spend every weekend for the next year hunting bottles and coins. Keep us posted and good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread