More bottles! : >

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured I would hit the dump for the last few hours of light, had digging on my mind since the day after my last dig. I guess you could call it more of an addiction than a hobby... lol

Still waiting to find another one of those ginger beers so I can have one for my collection to replace the one I traded. The rose shaped light bulb is cool, never seen one till today.

Happy Hunting! : >

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right on! You scored. [emoji120]

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I guess you could call it more of an addiction than a hobby...

You got that right. I've been a daily, chronic user for 40 years now. Started when I was 14, but I still got my teeth, my wind and liver are good, and got something to show for my money. Good finds there!

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig in one or two of the 1920s 30s dumps , but there is just a small variety of embossed stuff .there only so many milk of magnesia's and food extracts you can take home . sodas and milk are good , but you have to dig threw all food and Clorox stuff to find one descent bottle. but there fun to dig.

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The place I am at goes back very early, I just have to dig in the right spot. The spot I am at is on the side of a hill going down to the river and is far from virgin territory., I looked on a 1875 and 1905 map and both show large amounts of people living on the top of the hill. As with the whole area, people have been living at the top of the hills on either side of the river since the early 1800's. I have just begun to scratch the surface of what there is available around me.

Today I scouted a new location, it was covered in 60's - 70's junk but still there was evidence of bottle digging going on. The area is trashy as all hell and hard to dig. I found a few throw away bottles from previous diggers, they were both broken but they were around 1910. One was a slug plated milk bottle and the other was a local spring water bottler that went out of business around 1920. The area is so hard to dig with pieces of rubble everywhere and a layer of new junk on top. I do not know if I will return but that broken milk had me excited. The embossing that was left on it read "Bottled On Farm" probably a rare bottle.

I know of two locations where there are boulders piled up inside of sunken holes in the ground and both locations I looked up and it seems I may be able to dig with no permission as both of them have owners that live out of state and do not have anything built on the land, practically both empty lots. Do any of you guys think boulders in sunken holes may be signs of a privy?

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's old farmland, concentrate on unfarmable land (embankments, etc.)..is there basement pits around? If so, don't mess with the dumps, get a probe and poke around, if you get ash and or hear/feel a clink...DIG..privies..pay out better than dumps..by a.long shot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread