FINDER BINDERS BOTTLE FIND!

FINDER BINDERS

Apr 23, 2015
SOUTHERN NJ
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO / WHITE 6000 DI PRO / WHITES SPECTRUM XLT / WHITES DFX / WHITES 808 DEEPSEARCH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1431114882297.jpg
    1431114882297.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1431114903027.jpg
    1431114903027.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 1431114923448.jpg
    1431114923448.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 89

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE HUNT !! :thumbsup:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great selfie with your finds in the backround! congrats!

OP
OP
FINDER BINDERS

FINDER BINDERS

Apr 23, 2015
SOUTHERN NJ
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO / WHITE 6000 DI PRO / WHITES SPECTRUM XLT / WHITES DFX / WHITES 808 DEEPSEARCH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you guys i have no knowledge of what is there. and there is A TON more. if you would like to drop some knowledge as to what to look for it would be greatly appreciated!

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for ash or soil color change. .then dig. ..if there's one privy on property there is probably a couple more...maybe ones which are older

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can pull some cool stuff from turn of the century dumps, it takes a lot of digging common ones till you hit something good though. I toss away so many mayo and ketchup jars, they must be about 50-1...50 commons to one rare one. Found a rare double sided porcelain Copenhagen Snuff sign from about 1915 in a 20's-40's dump, both sides are nice too.

If all you are finding are small privies that date from the 20's I think you should try and find a dump to dig, much more variety than a turn of the century privy used by one family. You will usually find them on the sides of large hills leading down to a river.

The large textured bottle you showed is an ammonia bottle most likely and have little to no value.

The most common thing with value for me to find in 20's-40's are milk bottles. The ones that have no scratching or case wear are highly collectible. I keep all the perfect ones I find for my own collection. I never sell the minty ones because they are few and far between, you can dig scratched and stained ones all day in a nice sized dump but finding them without scratching and case wear is very uncommon. Out of about every 20 milk bottles I find maybe 3 of them will be relatively wear free and have no staining.

Last edited:

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can pull some cool stuff from turn of the century dumps, it takes a lot of digging common ones till you hit something good though. I toss away so many mayo and ketchup jars, they must be about 50-1...50 commons to one rare one. Found a rare double sided porcelain Copenhagen Snuff sign from about 1915 in a 20's-40's dump, both sides are nice too.

If all you are finding are small privies that date from the 20's I think you should try and find a dump to dig, much more variety than a turn of the century privy used by one family. You will usually find them on the sides of large hills leading down to a river.

The large textured bottle you showed is an ammonia bottle most likely and have little to no value.

The most common thing with value for me to find in 20's-40's are milk bottles. The ones that have no scratching or case wear are highly collectible. I keep all the perfect ones I find for my own collection. I never sell the minty ones because they are few and far between, you can dig scratched and stained ones all day in a nice sized dump but finding them without scratching and case wear is very uncommon. Out of about every 20 milk bottles I find maybe 3 of them will be relatively wear free and have no staining.

If I am digging Outhouses/Dumps and I see 20th century bottles, I don't bother digging...lol..Imho

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bottles made after 1935 are found almost any place people cud throw them . the trick is to find those with historic or social interest and astatic value . It's good to have an interest in history but I wouldn't waste my time with that late stuff with no collecting value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread