Emulsion, emulsion, hay fever, etc...

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of bottles today. My digging partner did much better than me today. I got two HUGE emulsions...check out the pics ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781224.482127.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781240.316454.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781252.582641.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781267.553238.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781304.952095.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781336.816017.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432781369.842050.jpg also got bullied out of a dump today by a couple of jerks. These guys think they own it. It's been being dug peacefully for 40 years and now there are these two guys who are literally chasing people out of there to keep it to themselves! The guys came up to us and threatened us with physical violence! (One of them was punching himself in the head to intimidate us). We didn't want any trouble so we walked out of there but it's very very frustrating.. Has anything like that ever happened to anybody else? We aren't the only ones these goons have gone psycho on.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldenplug, let me ask you a personal question, how old are you?

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in my 30s. What does age have to do with anything I said? These guys that are chasing people out are 50 year old crackhead looking dudes. It's not a matter of them being physically dominating by any means. I just don't want to have any problems. I have a good job and a good life. It's not worth me getting into any trouble over a couple of crackheads claiming "ownership". What are you getting at Bass just curious.

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, always liked those Ely's bottles. Never had any diggers (or crackheads) chase me out of a spot, and from the sounds of it these guys may be digging bottles for drug money. Perhaps you've heard of the meth addicts in Tennessee and Kentucky who go digging up indian mounds for artifacts to be sold for that poisonously potent stimulant, which likely fuels some marathon digging sessions.

These guys may well be doing something similar. You oughta buy one of those big fat cans of bear mace (not the little keychain deals) and brandish that the next time they decide to pay a visit and start punching themselves in the head like the degenerates they surely are. If they don't back-off then they deserve to be running around a shard-filled dump blinded by a face-full of mace.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plumbata, you are right on the money. The story is that they are crack addicts. They have "good souls" but are digging for crack money. This is what I was told by a fellow who lives in the neighborhood and has dug there since the 1970s. Sadly those two -holes need to get a face full of something... Luckily there are many other spots. I do wish them the worst life has to offer... And as far as the guy in the neighborhood, he hasn't dug in two years and I believe that the "trolls" are the reason.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what they looked like. I'm not exaggerating much I swear. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432828123.241246.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432828137.965907.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was only asking your age because if you are a minor and they threatened you, they could be in deep poo-poo. Ok, so now you need to approach this a different way. You can be nice and let them know you have every right to be there just as they do. You should probably bring along a couple more friends, they are less likely to bother you if they are outnumbered. The only other thing you can do is tote a pistol, and stick it in the front of your pants so they can see it, or wear a holster. I don't know the laws in your state and I'm not saying you need to threaten them with it or even use it. I'm just saying they need to know you will not be pushed around. Your only other choice is to walk away and find a new site.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in a concealed carry state, if your in fear for your well being..carry...I am fortunate in NY to have my CCP..and it's served its purpose well as a visual deterrent to the drunks, druggies and homeless along the banks of the Hudson, who have stupidly try to harass, intimidate or cause harm to myself..

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in upstate ny. I don't have a pistol permit but I will be getting one soon. :)

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they are homeless creak heads then it's not to hard to get read of them .call the cops.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they are homeless. I think that they live with their parents/friends (even though they are 50-60yrs old). Who needs a job if you can just leach off other people and dig up antique bottles!

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh so there old *******s ? then beat the hell out of them and be dun with it. ( you don't have to listen to me ) but that's what I would do and when the cops come tell them they tried to robe you.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you're not in Baltimore

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about just torturing them. Blair witch type stuff. Make them scared to dig in their precious. Climb up trees and hang up weird voodoo looking stuff... Take a no. 2 into their dump buckets...stuff like that for the next 6 months or so.

P.s. Im not in baltimore but its the same everywhere! Its a scary world thats all I have to say!

Last edited:

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazies sense fear, just don't be scared..be crazier than them..for example start frothing at the mouth and biting trees. .that should work..lol

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol @ bite the trees!

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It worked for the tripped out viking berzerkers, legend says one berzerker took out 40 Saxons on a bridge before he was killed

I like that. Maybe someday they will tell legends of goldenplug bezerker!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread