Great finds, Bad luck

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
Yet another post for my son, Matt. Go ahead, Matt:

Monday I went bottle hunting at a small 40s-60s bottle dump. Was there for a half hour and found a pepsi-cola bottle, and a Canada dry bottle that gave me a sore back after trying to get it out of a large bush roots covered in string and cloth(not as easy as it sounds). Then minutes later we went to a construction area where I had 4 kids asking me what i was doing, the best part is that one said he might start bottle hunting, guess a future bottle hunter will join this hobby. When at the top of a pile of dirt i found this brown bottle.I need an ID on this one. Then we were leaving and i thought this was great and not paying attention to where i was walking i fell into a one foot deep puddle of mud >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(I WAS MAD (luckily not my mom) JUST WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT DAY. Oh well at least i got some old bottles.I'm thinking of going back there this week.Any ID on the brown one is appreciated. Thanks MATT
IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
SWR said:
Anchor Hocking, general purpose, modern
Modern as in around the late 40s and through the 50s, which is when your Pepsi bottle dates to.
I found one of those dumps recently and have a whole ton of Pepsi bottles out of it. Yours is in fantastic shape!

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Nice finds Matt!!

I dug extensively across the creek from where you were. It was a productive site with many meds,sodas and inks from 1880's thru 1890's Unfortunately, as with most good spots, it was 'developed' Keep on diggin'. There may be older stuff the deeper you go. Wear heavy gloves. I've seen some nasty gashes over the years.

Peace,

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread