Exceptionally Rare Newark Blob

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like most of my glass stories, this one started out at a local Jersey Shore flea market at a ridiculously early time on a Saturday. This time I was at the huge Ocean Grove flea market enjoying one of my last carefree weekends at the shore before I get sucked into my studies again. I noticed an unusually shaped blob tucked away behind a few hoods sarsaparillas and other recognizable common fodder not worth mentioning. I immediately grabbed it and glanced at the embossing and was greeted back with Pioneer Bottling co, Commercial Wharf, Newark. I figured just the reference to a commercial wharf on the slug plate made it well worth the $5 price tag.

I quickly glanced at my website (Glad I can finally say its mine!!!) and found out that both variants are extremely rare. The thing is, mine is a third variant! Not sure if I want to sell it yet, but it might be for sale at the Batsto bottle show later this month.

21178328079_d570123116_c.jpg

NJB link- PIONEER BOTTLING CO. - NEWARK

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bottle! That thing looks crystal clear. Does it lean a little to the right or is that just the photo playing tricks on me? That's a real beauty Rob, thanks for showing it

OP
OP
Bellwoodboys

Bellwoodboys

Jul 10, 2015
Belmar
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bass! And yea the blob does have a very mild case of rightward wonkiness. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread