Old pottery beverage bottle I am having trouble identifying. 1860s is best guess.

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old pottery beverage bottle I am having trouble identifying. 1860's is best guess.

I am having trouble identifying this pottery bottle. It appears to be a beverage bottle roughly 1860's. The top/color and crudeness indicate it being old. Any information would be good especially rarity and what it is valued at. It is in the permanent collection but just a stat I like to know about each of my finds. Thank you and good luck out there. :mblah05::headbang:

c.jpg b.jpg a.jpg

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice crude stoneware. You'll have to do a little research to get the value. eBay is a good start. Can we ask how did you find it? You are in an area with the potential for some great bottles.

OP
OP
G

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information. There is no information that turns up in ebay searches or google searches. At least I know the period it comes from and the the city. I wish I knew more about it. It came from an old town dump near the bottom.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice crude stoneware. You'll have to do a little research to get the value. eBay is a good start. Can we ask how did you find it? You are in an area with the potential for some great bottles.

I wouldn't use flea bay for determining value

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get some good books, (not plugging anyone's book) but the book series from Digger O'Dell are pretty good

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't use flea bay for determining value

Not to establish an exact value, only to get a range. One might have sold for 5$ and one for 50$. To pinpoint a value he would need to visit some local bottle shows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions