Maybe part of a old light? :dontknow:

OP
OP
bullgill

bullgill

Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this too and can't figure out what it is. I think it is a hood ornament or maybe a kids bike pedal.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing it's lacking that all other insulators I've ever seen is threads on the interior. I don't know maybe it is. Is it glass? It looks like it has a hole where a rod part might go through with a threaded end for attaching to another part. (Like a lamp part?). Only a guess,

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like i said. I don't know. Maybe it is. Hopefully you have something great man. Something to make those mosquito bites worth it!

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder if the pedal thing could be a dasher from a glass churn or something?...d2

GreenHorn

Aug 6, 2007
South Carolina
Judging by the top of the glass piece, its rounded out to where it looks like a rounded screw head would have sat flush. Whatever it is, i'd say its missing the other half. I'd call this the "male" half that would have seated into the other section, maybe to stop it from turning. I've seen one of these before, i just dont remember what it is..

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judging by the top of the glass piece, its rounded out to where it looks like a rounded screw head would have sat flush. Whatever it is, i'd say its missing the other half. I'd call this the "male" half that would have seated into the other section, maybe to stop it from turning. I've seen one of these before, i just dont remember what it is..

Exactly where I'm at with that thing. I too have seen them before and i just can't place where.

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know that's what they were called ("dashers"), but I had the same thought.
That object looks like it could be the "paddle" part of a mixer of some sort..

S

stefen

Other item looks like a agitator for a dairy milk parlor separator tank...or maybe an ice cream paddle...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread