12 Bottles... Any Good ones? 1880s-1930s

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres what i can make out of them:

Lime-Cola

Atlas E-Z Seal

Curtis Brothers Preserves Rochester, N.Y.

The Mother Siegel's Syrup Bottle

Ball Perfect Mason

Others dont have any other id marks or anything.
Bottles!.JPG

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The Lime Cola and two canning jars might be worth keeping, even fairly new collectors would pass on the rest or recycle them....

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah , lime cola , mother Siegel's , and the jars . the lime cola is found down here in the south quite a lot.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surprised not the catchup bottle, thats the most valuable of them, 45$ for that one alone that i saw online for sale.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Surprised not the catchup bottle, thats the most valuable of them, 45$ for that one alone that i saw online for sale.
That bottle is NOT worth $45 at anytime, maybe $1-2 as is, $10-20 with an original label and top

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also.. Im going to post pictures of each bottle... values on them please, so you can see the tops and stuff.
Ill take your word on them... im guessing you know alot more then i do.

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0124.JPG IMG_0125.JPG IMG_0126.JPG IMG_0127.JPG IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0129.JPG IMG_0130.JPG IMG_0131.JPG IMG_0132.JPG IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0134.JPG IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0136.JPG

Names:

Lime Cola
Er Durkee & Co New York
Atlas E-Z Seal
Ball Perfect Mason
The Mother Siegel's Syrup Co

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Itzyoboyandrew, no offense but ketchup bottles are the most worthless bottle that bottle diggers find. I throw them. Everytime. To make matters worse its an ABM ketchup. With a screwtop! ABM means it was made using an automatic bottle machine. In other words it was mass produced. Also just because an item is listed on ebay for a certain price that doesnt mean anyone will pay that price. Anyone can list anything at any price they want. If you want an honest opinion you don't have anything good. I would have left all of that glass on or in the ground.

Last edited:

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Trust the collectors here. If you want to use eBay for evaluating a bottle, you have to use the "completed listings" search. That search is a secondary search, after you call up your specific bottle. The completed auctions, whether or not the bottle sold, for the last 90 days will appear. I'd be surprised if any of your bottles had much of a history of sales on eBay.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other

Not one of these bottles SOLD for that price, you are a foolish collector if you rely on the asking price of items on Ebay to put a value on anything you collect. It is 100% a $1-2 bottle if you could even find a buyer, it's junk, trash, garbage, but don't take my word for it, I know nothing about bottles.... :censored:

OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not one of these bottles SOLD for that price, you are a foolish collector if you rely on the asking price of items on Ebay to put a value on anything you collect. It is 100% a $1-2 bottle if you could even find a buyer, it's junk, trash, garbage, but don't take my word for it, I know nothing about bottles.... :censored:
1: I never said you knew nothing about bottles.

2: OK so its worth nothing.. You don't have to say it harshly and bag me for it. I rarely ever find bottles, much less from the 1880s or 1930s.. So im happy i found them. Your being so critical of my bottles.. Maybe if you said it nicely and didn't call me foolish.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
1: I never said you knew nothing about bottles.

2: OK so its worth nothing.. You don't have to say it harshly and bag me for it. I rarely ever find bottles, much less from the 1880s or 1930s.. So im happy i found them. Your being so critical of my bottles.. Maybe if you said it nicely and didn't call me foolish.

Here are my first two responses, neither "bags" on you or is harsh or critical...

"The Lime Cola and two canning jars might be worth keeping, even fairly new collectors would pass on the rest or recycle them...."

"That bottle is NOT worth $45 at anytime, maybe $1-2 as is, $10-20 with an original label and top"

If that's being harsh I suggest you take a sensitivity class at your local community college, you asked a question and I answered it based on a very good grasp on the bottle hobby and thousands of hours of research and handling bottles, both buying and selling. If anyone should have an issue it's me when you called into question my expertise with this comment based on Ebay asking prices... "guess the 45$ was a one time thing.. but its definitely not 1-2$"

Again your bottle is a $1-2 bottle without a label and top, they are as common as can be in many dumps in many states, lemme know if that is a nice enough response for you, last thing I want is my comment to upset you.

In the end I wasn't critical of you or your bottles, you asked specifically if there were any good ones, I gave you a straight and honest answer. Jesus Christ this site is becoming a breeding ground for cry babies who only want the truth if it's great news, no wonder good bottle collectors are avoiding this site.... SMH

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because telling me to take a sensitivity class is nice?? But I'm not going to start or continue a fight on a bottle value

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Because telling me to take a sensitivity class is nice?? But I'm not going to start or continue a fight on a bottle value

Yes..... now I'm being critical, because you didn't like my first two answers, which were just me being honest, you claimed I was "bagging on you". You're the third or fourth person on here in recent weeks that has come asking about bottles and when they find out the bottles are common they either get mad or go to Ebay and link bottles being sold for outrageous prices. Are you telling me you don't realize the difference between an asking price and an actually selling price? If that's the case I have to ask what grade you are in and if your parents know you're online asking about bottles instead of doing your homework?

Either way you have taught me a lesson here, I will no longer give my opinion to anyone here about the crap they post hoping they have a million dollar bottle. It's people like you, who come here asking for an experts opinion, and then tries to refute that opinion based on your ability to find the same bottle for sale on Ebay. I am defeated by the stupidity and lack of respect given to the fine members here who are experts in their field, you win, I will no longer post on this forum. You and the other whiners like you win...

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, didnt realize there were so many people, i dont expect i have a million dollar bottle by the way, any bottle for my age over 5$ is a keeper. And no dont stop posting.. some people are inexperienced and have troubles being confronted about that. If there like me there happy that they found bottles. But thank you all for telling me about the automatic bottling machine stuff. I realized that only cork bottles are some what alright... i thought early screw on bottles were okay, but i guess thats my inexperience.

And you calling me and other INEXPERIENCED PEOPLE were whiners, need a sensitivity class, and are foolish collectors, then yes you will get bad responses. Yes i realize you werent like that at first, and thats my fault for getting mad, but you shouldnt call people that after they respond harshly.

Last edited:

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim , let it go, just like the " OTHER " forum we know your going to get people who are just fishing , to see how " valuable" there bottle they know nothing about is . some folks get pissed at me for saying what I know , well so be it. just remember your knowledge is important to the rest of use.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dead topic. R.I.P

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I think you have a few nice bottles there. The two mason jars are definitely earlier ones, and worth keeping. Maybe someday you'll come across some tops for them! Also, the aqua blue one looks like an old one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it has a mold mark that ends at the shoulder of the bottle. I my opinion, when digging bottles, any bottle that has a low mold mark is worth keeping because they are older, usually early 1900's to the 1800's. I do have to say, the bottle with the crack is one you want to get rid off. You don't want it shattering and creating a mess. As for all the other bottles, It's all up to you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread