Hi from NWFL...

P.S.

Oct 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I'm new to treasure net! Must admit that I've been creeping since I signed up last night trying to figure out where to start.... I've been a "half-committed" collector of many things. NWFL has a plethora of avenues to confront. So I will just start with today.... I am in a new place... Older trash site I presume... Found a lot of broken pieces on top.... Including stoneware, amber class, tons of old square nails and parts to an old wood stove. Amongst the leaf liter and shallow soil I picked up this shard with a gentleman's face. Does anyone recognize this face? Would like to know if I should go back with the works [emoji16]

Glad to be part of the adventure!
P.S.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445302529.125656.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445302529.125656.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 75

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi PS. Welcome aboard. Normally you start in the Introduction section. But, hey, rules were made to be broken, right? lol
Maybe someone will know what that is. Sorry I can't help, just wanted to say hi.

OP
OP
P.S.

P.S.

Oct 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BagLady! Sorry, I got ahead of myself. This forums topic is so interesting I just blew right past my official introduction on the correct page. I will go back and post there also!

OP
OP
P.S.

P.S.

Oct 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Harry! Bottles are new to me. I saw you also collect fossils. Have you done any diving on the Chipola? Fossils are my first love!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum P.S. . I would say that's an area you need to revisit. Go back and dig some test holes, also look for low areas and depressions in the ground. The back part of the property is usually the place to start looking. Come back and see us again

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2009
Northcentral Florida
Thank you, Harry! Bottles are new to me. I saw you also collect fossils. Have you done any diving on the Chipola? Fossils are my first love!

Yes, P.S., I have dived the Chipola; but, I found artifacts rather than fossils while diving. Did collect inverts from the Chipola Formation. It is a beautiful stream.

bivalvevenuschipola.jpg coralantillophylliachipola.jpg coralastrangeachipola.jpg coralstylophorachipola.jpg

OP
OP
P.S.

P.S.

Oct 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, your specimens are pristine! Very nice...Yes, plenty of artifacts hiding in the limestone formations. I'll have to share some photos with you of my finds. Typically, several species of shark teeth, both crocodile and alligator teeth, fish/gar scales, a few types of scutes, and a few 3-toed horse teeth! One of the tributaries, spring creek, is also filled with smaller fossils.

OP
OP
P.S.

P.S.

Oct 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bass! I definitely feel like there is some potential there. The site is situated on 100 acres in historic community that was at one time the county seat. There have been no documented homesteads besides the current family so breaking up the property might be an issue. There is a small creek running through the area that still has the foundation timbers of what was the first gristmill in the county. I was trying to locate the old roadbed when I came across the trash pile. I will certainly try some test holes like you suggest, as it seemed very spread out at first glance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions