Nothing to brag about, but the digging season has officially begun...

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's dig:

A little Carter's ink well with a slight amethyst hue, a Campana's Italian Balm, a Yardley perfume with a brass cap, a big ol' Buckley's, love finding these, replaced the cap, then the only blown bottle, probably an extract.

At the beginning of the season I find myself taking everything home, I'll eventually get more picky, but for now I like taking something to clean up and photograph. This hill I'm at now has produced much better stuff in the past so I'm just getting started. I'll be out there again today.

There are birds everywhere, the trees are budding, and it is WARM! The digging season is underway here in Ontario...

I'm hoping we all have a great season!

DSCF6132.JPG

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as more people find bottle collecting interesting , the less there will be to find , that's if you go out and dig for them. other wise the junk shops and flea markets will be your best bet in finding stuff. for me it's all in the digging.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally, it's all about the act of digging for me too. Finding a great deal at the flea market is exciting, but if I had to get rid of the glass that I've invested money in or the bottles that I've dug up that didn't cost me a thing, I'd keep the latter. You just can't buy those experiences!

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally agree! For instance, I find a lot of 1800's slicks and newer amber medicine bottles that are literally a dime a dozen at the flea market, but when I've found them, they are just priceless to me. It also looks like the bottle digging season is beginning here in MA too! Just yesterday I went out and it was nice out! Hopefully a new season comes with new dumps!

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the adventure's where it's at!

'Hope you get some new dumps! I'll be looking around too, I think most of my places are starting to get tapped out.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for y'all . the season is about to end down here in a copal of weeks , when the weather starts to get up into the high 80s and 90s !

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it's actually the heat that stops the digging season down there...wow, such a hard thing to imagine from up here! Do you ever get a cool day where it's tolerable?

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. The heat in summer months hovers around the mid 90's and climbs to 100 in August. Combined with the high humidity, it's like being in an oven.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I see, so it's your typical hot hell as opposed to a cold hell, haha. Yeah it can get pretty hot and humid here too during the summer, but at least it's bearable. It's the vegetation that can get out of control. Some places I like to go are a mess of brambles and thorns during the summer, and when it's hot and humid the last thing you want to deal with is a thousand cuts. I just settle for a different spot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread