bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wednesday evening I had intended to go "mudding" as I usually do in a spot I had been successful at before, but I timed the tides wrong and ended up not being able to get to exactly where I wanted to be, leaving me stuck to scour a much smaller area. As I looked around, I started trying to figure out if I could find the source of the glass, maybe where they were dumping from the shore. This led me to an area on the bank that was mostly dry. After a little scraping, I could tell it was going to be a solid dump. It's nearly pure ash and seems to be an ok date range of about turn of the century. I ended up with a Jesse Moore whiskey, a stoneware bottle marked GRAY and something else I can't read, an NYC pharmacist, and a porcelain CT license plate circa 1910-1915 or so. Unfortunately the green bay rum bottle was cracked, feels like that would've been a good one. Here are pics for Wednesday: DSCF0058.JPG DSCF0067.JPG DSCF0072.JPG DSCF0073.JPG DSCF0065.JPG

Yesterday I headed back for another 3hrs and was a bit more successful, finding an NYC slug plate embossed strap sided flask that says HONEST MEASURE C. (or could be a G) JOUARD NEW YORK, a blown crown top Carl Schultz which are cool to find, an extremely tiny aqua blown Phillip's Milk of Magnesia (anyone seen one before?), a little Boston pharmacist, another stoneware bottle, a big green capers bottle, some chemical bottles, and other odds and ends. Here are pics from yesterday: DSCF0090.JPG DSCF0092.JPG

Had to leave behind a whole bunch of applied top Gordon's Dry Gin bottles because I found about 8, I'll hopefully get em next time around.

Here's a pic of most of the best stuff all cleaned up: DSCF0095.JPG

I'll try to get back there more soon, let you guys know if I do. Thanks for looking!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If not for the cold weather I would love to live in an old area such as Conneticut. You picked up some really nice finds. Are ginger beer crocks turn of the century? Your bottles are so clean, how do you get them that way?

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If not for the cold weather I would love to live in an old area such as Conneticut. You picked up some really nice finds. Are ginger beer crocks turn of the century? Your bottles are so clean, how do you get them that way?

Thanks! I believe the stoneware pieces are from around that time period but I know they made them earlier too. To be honest I don't know much about them because I don't find them too often, but I think they're imported. And I'm very lucky that most of the bottles out of this dump sparkle. I think it's because of the ash. All they've needed was a brief rinse and once over with a toothbrush.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[emoji106] good show! I think you've got a great spot. The C. Jouard is nice little turn of the century flask. I did some snooping around and he was a wine and spirits importer in New York. I saw references of his business as early as 1886. Can't wait to see what else turns up

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL FINDS!

Too bad about that green bay rum, still nice to look at though! I like that tiny Milk of Magnesia and that Jesse Moore whiskey. But what I'm really interested in is that Lockport green lookin' pickle or condiment bottle or whatever it is, the one in the back in your last picture. 'Think we could get a better look at that?

Awesome dig! Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that spot.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL FINDS!

Too bad about that green bay rum, still nice to look at though! I like that tiny Milk of Magnesia and that Jesse Moore whiskey. But what I'm really interested in is that Lockport green lookin' pickle or condiment bottle or whatever it is, the one in the back in your last picture. 'Think we could get a better look at that?

Awesome dig! Can't wait to see what else you pull out of that spot.

Here you are, sir. I believe it's a capers bottle. Nothing too crazy but I've never found one. It's got more of that iridescent patina than the others. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1458944612.571118.jpg

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Looks like a good spot. The aqua Philip's are pretty common here but I haven't seen one that small before.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You crushed it out there!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459048304.679451.jpg

Here's a preview of what I got today, I'll post better pics tomorrow when it's light out.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man! Beautiful!

Let's see some pics of those two tall wines! That yellow one, wow! That little milk creamer thing on the right, too!

Anyway dude, you've got my first ever banner vote, for the awesome variety of glass and finds that you've uncovered in your little 3-day stint. It's not just a flask, a torpedo, a ginger, a whiskey, etc., but ALL of those things and more. You've got so many different shapes and colours here, it's so pretty to look at. I've been inspired to go on an Easter dig.

You're killing it out there, man. Keep at it, and bring us some more!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright here are the pics. Ended up with a fairly old local milk bottle I haven't seen before (says A.V. Whiteman on the base plus his address), the creamer with a little damage but not too bad, the two giant hock wines, one in green teal and the other in yellow/yellow amber, a local pharmacist in a size I don't have, three other various pharmacist/chemists, a little Huyler ground lip jar (I think they made chocolates and candy), and the matching license plate to the one I found the other day. There were some other commons that I didn't show/didn't bring with me because I don't have room (like the 10 Gordon's Dry Gins I've found so far!) All in all I'm a very happy digger, although it may be a little while until I get back there. I'll let you guys know if I do. Day Three Digs.jpg DSCF0120.JPG DSCF0121.JPG DSCF0122.JPG DSCF0123.JPG DSCF0124.JPG DSCF0125.JPG DSCF0126.JPG

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a bunch, man! I'm really really happy about this dump, lucky to have found it. I know nothing in here is super fantastic but it's sure fun to come home with a bag full of decent old bottles. Hopefully I get some local sodas or beers, but I won't complain!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
unbelievable,,,really great hunt,,,looks like you found one of everything!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah man, that's what I mean! It might not be an eagle flask or this or that, but it's just such a nice assortment of differently coloured old bottles. unclemac said it best - you found one of everything!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another trip to this dump and it seems to be drying up a bit, or at least the immediate area I'm in.
DSCF0152.JPG DSCF0153.JPG DSCF0154.JPG DSCF0155.JPG DSCF0157.JPG DSCF0161.JPG DSCF0156.JPG DSCF0158.JPG DSCF0159.JPG DSCF0160.JPG

I got two whole tea cups, a Pond's, a slick cobalt pharmacist and an embossed one from NYC that says KALISH, a Dundee Marmalade, a large slick cobalt chemical, a tall green vial type thing that I need help with, a little X. Badin perfume/soap bottle, an unfortunately slick citrate, a Lea & Perrins, and a tall bottle with a strange top that I also need help with. Once again, nothing too amazing but fun to dig anyway. I don't have pictures unfortunately but my friend also got a Stafford cobalt master ink, a local pharmacist and some other odds and ends. If anyone knows anything about the tall green vial or big aqua bottle with the weird top let me know. The vial has no seams and seems to be from overseas to me based on the top, as does the big aqua bottle which is a turn mold bottle. Thanks for looking!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
maybe olive oil? you killed it again....your dump is awesome

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you're destroying it!

And you got a Dundee after all! - Hah, I was flickin' through YouTube and happened across your video. Once I saw that green bay rum I was like, "wait, is this bottlehunterofcoscob?" and then as you kept pulling them out I was sure of it. 'Loved the video, you live in a nice lookin' area!

Dude these are awesome finds. Those cobalts, that Dundee, and that turn-moulded olive oil or whatever is absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Nice variety there. Pretty sure the Green bottle is an olive oil. Thought it might be pontiled before I looked at the rest of your photos. Good start to the season!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you're destroying it!

And you got a Dundee after all! - Hah, I was flickin' through YouTube and happened across your video. Once I saw that green bay rum I was like, "wait, is this bottlehunterofcoscob?" and then as you kept pulling them out I was sure of it. 'Loved the video, you live in a nice lookin' area!

Dude these are awesome finds. Those cobalts, that Dundee, and that turn-moulded olive oil or whatever is absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

Haha glad you liked the video, it's just something I quickly threw together for fun just to try it out, not sure if I'll make some more. Maybe if I have time. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions