Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Info on Pozzoni toilet cream bottle

Hi, I never really wanted to know what toilet cream was used for. Researching this bottle came up empty except the company has a facinatng story. Pozzoni actually is considered to have started the cosmetic business and even had scovill manufacturing doing some of his work. Has anyone ever seen this bottle? It wasn't in any of my books. I'm sure there are maybe a few people that collect these. The bottle does have amazing swirls in the glass. You can actually feel the ridges. The bottle is in great shape:) The link is a really good read!!! Happy Hunting.
Collecting Vintage Compacts: Pozzoni's Medicated Complexion Powder - the whole kit and kaboodle.

Attachments

• IMG_20160426_061734317_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160426_061734317_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, toilet cream eh? That is a really cool bottle and if anything really shows how much language has changed!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think toilet waters/creams were used for a lot of things. It could be used for scenting linens and clothes, used in a therapeutic bath, used as a skin treatment, and used to mask body odour. Florida Water was probably the most popular. I've heard desperate alcoholics even drank it for the contents.

Nice bottle! I love all the straw marks going on.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottle. I like the embossing

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Scented cream for dry skin conditions, typically 15¢ a bottle, but on sale for 10¢ in Salt Lake City in this 1898 ad...

poz.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread