Turtle Trapper

Greenie
Apr 28, 2016
Mechanicsville, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this with my metal detector at the site of an old house that burnt down. It did have the band on it for the lid, but it was so rusted that when I pulled the jar out of the hole, the band broke in two. I have done some research, and I determined that it is from between 1933 and 1962. Does anyone have any idea what the value is? I realize that I should have posted this in the what's it worth category, but I figured you guys would know more.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's from closer to 1962 than 1933 anyway. Ball made millions of jars since around 1880, and they make millions and millions of beer cans and such things today. Older Ball jars will fetch some coin but this one probably has little value, 'just saying it like it is. Keep digging! To find a jar while metal detecting must get the blood pressure up - "IS IT A CACHE?!"

OP
OP
Turtle Trapper

Turtle Trapper

Greenie
Apr 28, 2016
Mechanicsville, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quicksilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it's from closer to 1962 than 1933 anyway. Ball made millions of jars since around 1880, and they make millions and millions of beer cans and such things today. Older Ball jars will fetch some coin but this one probably has little value, 'just saying it like it is. Keep digging! To find a jar while metal detecting must get the blood pressure up - "IS IT A CACHE?!"

When I found it, all I could see was the bottom, so it was quite a thrill. I was slightly disappointed to see that it was empty, but I found two small round balls in the same hole, so I wonder if they were originally in the jar. I'll try to get some pictures of them.

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Probe the are around where you found it. Maybe there is a root cellar nearby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread