Just a shard but I love it

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a meager shard to show here but a nice one is always a pleasant addition when you consider that I don't live in Colonial America like many folks do on tnet...yea that's a jealous jab:laughing7: I don't dig a lot of stoneware, let alone salt glazed finish...... and never complete pieces.So a shard is a good thing for me, and yes I save everything I dig and bag and tag them in my records. The sites that I dig are the oldest in my area and are pretty well documented as to who lived here and when. So this one is pretty cool to me, being from an older level or strata of this particular dig site. Looks to be a lid from some sort of small vessel with the crude knob still hanging in there with some very worn break lines. Probably was in the ground here for a long time.

DSC00017.JPG DSC00021.JPG DSC00022.JPG

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Augustine Florida is one of the oldest cities in the country. If I lived in Florida I would be poking around there.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you say Spanish, are you suggesting "old Spanish" or of Spanish make. Does it look like something attributable to a certain time period? I had 1840-60 time period as my guess, but not sure .

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even like it when I shart...

It a surprise everytime... AND changing underwear really sucks.

When your in public and it happens I.... OH.... shard. heh :P

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even like it when I shart...

It a surprise everytime... AND changing underwear really sucks.

When your in public and it happens I.... OH.... shard. heh :P
I don't shard , I sherd. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread