Nothing to go crazy about, but its my first...

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to go crazy about, but it's my first...

Dug my first champagne yesterday! It was hot and humid and the ticks were out in full force (I think I picked about 30 of them off me).

I wanted to switch things up yesterday so I set out to find some West Virginia swirls at a spot that has produced some marbles. The bottles there aren't really that great, just a bunch of 30s and 40s stuff and even some plastic. When I arrived I was spooked by a wild turkey that was nesting half under a rusted coil of wire fence. I was only a few yards away and hadn't even seen her when I was walking up, and she just shot up and flew through the trees. She had 12 eggs in her nest, and I've never seen a wild turkey's nest so that was cool. Anyway I dug a little ways away from the nest but only for about 5 minutes, because I wasn't finding anything, but mostly because I wanted to let the turkey get back on her eggs.

It was already around suppertime but I decided to hike out of the woods, cross some fields, and go right back into the woods again to try one of my favourite spots. This spot has produced a lot of great bottles and it's probably the place where I fell in love with the hobby. I thought I had dug everything there, but there was a heaping pile of more modern scrap metal and stuff off to the side that I impulsively decided to pick through to get to the surface. Once I got to ground level there was a rusted piece of sheet metal that I pried up, and right away I saw this champagne. I love the metal sheets and buckets because they often protect what's underneath. Welp, that's my story. I also found my 4th or 5th unique Hamilton Glass Co. fruit jar lid.

DSCF6631.JPG DSCF6608.JPG DSCF6635.JPG

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Such a beautiful color on that bottle,congrats.

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
I'm embarrassed to think how many of these I have left behind. I have to admit, it does display well with your other green glass.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It's actually fairly wavy and has great clarity, nice to look at. I think it's turn-moulded and probably from across the pond. This is something that a lot of diggers might leave behind, but it's still a little over a hundred years old and so that alone is enough to get the imagination goin'. If it's blown I almost always find myself taking it home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread