Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks, besides treasure hunting and metal detecting im a beachcomber at heart. I have an enormous collection of bottles, but my pride and joy are my glass fishing floats. They are very hard to find these days in the keys, bahamas, and carribean. Lucklely my job as a fisherman takes me to the islands for many tournament's. 2 weeks ago while fishing a marlin tournament on the island of san sal I was able to find 2 while beachcombing on my day off. Here they are!!! photo-14.JPG photo-13.JPG I will post more picks of my bottle and bouy collection in the future.
Long live the mangrove mafia beachcombers. !!!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I Know those are pretty rare. Must be as rare as the ancient glass balls used for fire extiguishing. Excuse my english. Must be fun to find. I hope to go to the Keys to fish some tarpon, before I die.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there more common on the west cost . found a Japanese float many years ago , it was blue.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds, I've sold some square ones that did very well on Ebay over the years...

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
years ago on the left coast we would have a hay day after a big blow finding those, blue mostly but green too. These days they are almost always black plastic from Japan, buff colored plastic from Korea and sky blue plastic from China....I sure do miss the glass ones.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Rare on the Texas coast now. Used to be able to find them in the 1950's, but now, very rare...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"There is a British made float with the initials "FGC" on it which was machine made, and is shown here."

Glass Fishing Floats

"FGC was a trademark used before 1940 by Forsters Glass Company Ltd., bottle makers of St. Helens in England"

"F G C……………………………………………….Forsters Glass Company, St. Helens, Lancashire, England (United Kingdom), 1902-1966. Forsters was acquired in 1966 by Rockware Glass, and Rockware eventually became part of Ardagh Glass in 2006. This mark is frequently seen on fishing net floats."

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. You do good research because it matches everything ive read about that float. One day ill take a trip to alaska to collect floats and old bottles. There are lots of both washed up there.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the info. You do good research because it matches everything ive read about that float. One day ill take a trip to alaska to collect floats and old bottles. There are lots of both washed up there.

...dude...

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok folks, besides treasure hunting and metal detecting im a beachcomber at heart. I have an enormous collection of bottles, but my pride and joy are my glass fishing floats. They are very hard to find these days in the keys, bahamas, and carribean. Lucklely my job as a fisherman takes me to the islands for many tournament's. 2 weeks ago while fishing a marlin tournament on the island of san sal I was able to find 2 while beachcombing on my day off. Here they are!!! View attachment 1322766 View attachment 1322767 I will post more picks of my bottle and bouy collection in the future.
Long live the mangrove mafia beachcombers. !!!

Thank you for posting this and stating what they are; I have been finding these things for years on the Adriatic. Some light blue, some dark blue and some dark green ones.

Also find these other ones that are completely sealed, just not as often and they are a little smaller. Any idea what they are.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several to this day that I found while living in Washington. They are Japanese made and hand-blown, I believe. I love to see others

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unclemac im in ill buy you just got to fly. Lets go get um. Thanks for that it fires me up. !!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions