Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While im posting here are some more glass fishing floats and bottles I found in the past. photo-24.JPG this old fishing float is chipped and sunburnt but I love it. photo-23.JPG all my bouys and bottles are beach combed or come out of thick mangrove swamp. Never dug a privy but its on the bucket list. The old french bottle was found in the mangroves of key largo

Attachments

• photo-21.JPG
    photo-21.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-26.JPG I know you guys like the old hand applied tops and hand blown bottles so I will dig them up and post them up tomorrow. I literally have bottle piles all over the place most r just vintage but I have refined my collecting now to the older 1800s now. I will post some black glass and case gin bottles soon as photograph them.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. It's so neat to see the different glass things that people find in different places and the different ways in which they find them!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found many notes in bottles over the years and I still her fom some of the people whose notes ive responded to. I once got 7 notes in bottles in one day beach combing. Here are some of the recent ones photo-29.JPG once I respond I put them back in there bottles and store them in boxes in my attic.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Far out! I've always wanted to find some kind of document or photo in a bottle, but it's a lot less likely digging in landlocked dumps.

What is the oldest message in a bottle that you have found? And from how far is the one that traveled the furthest? What is the subject matter of the messages usually like?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found them from isreal, sweden , and even the Phillipines. I used to get a christmas card from the family in sweden up until a couple years ago. I once found one from the freedom fighters for cuban liberty. Several have been from scientist studying ocean currents. Many are from cruise ship passengers. Some have even included money for postage to reply. My wife wanted to open and read one so finally I brought her one. All it said was f--k you she has never opened one again. It was the only one that ever was rude. I once herd not to open them because castro was putting poison in them and floating them to the us. I have found some from school children. Many are so old the ink is faded and cant be read. The oldest that I could read was from 1968 2 years before I was born. They are pretty fun. I just found one from 2 women who were on vacation in tampa. It was written on a piece of leather. When I contacted them they wanted me to sign it and write somthing poetic on it and sed it back to sea. I havent yet but I will.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the detailed response Blak bart, that is all so very interesting!

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is amazing, I always wondered if any of those bottles ever got any answers and now I know, that's good of ya!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread