NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I went and got pretty mucked up - broken elbow, broken knee, broken ankle, broken fingers, concussion and bleeding in the brain, torn ligaments, about 25 stitches, and a buttload of bruising and road rash.

Such an awful way to start the summer. I was on my way to go digging when it happened. I was biking on the inside of the road (not a busy road) and a guy came up close from behind me so that I was sort of right outside his driver window. Naturally he started to get ahead of me and so I decided to veer behind him to get back on the side of the road and suddenly I lost control and then I remember walking up in the ambulance. When the cop came to visit me he mentioned the guy's trailer - I had no idea the guy had a trailer. So basically I didn't consider that the guy might have a trailer (my stupid fault) and that's what threw me over the bars and everything. I had about a gallon of water and some heavy digging tools in my bag too, so that probably amplified the slam. I was knocked out for about 5 minutes (helmet from now on).

Anyway, I'm in a wheelchair, won't be diggin' for at least 6 weeks, but I'm glad to be alive and I hope that I can come back strong and find some great stuff to show you soon!

Last edited:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, it hurts just reading it, very lucky you survive this. Wish you the best recovery possible, hope you're younger than me so the recovery part will be shorter. Lots of surfing on TNet for the weeks to come, we'll try to keep you entertained ;)

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to hear that. Get well soon.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gezz so sorry to hear that. Could have been a hearse rather than an ambulance. Get better soon.

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Get better soon and back on the business end of a shovel. Always enjoy reading your posts except this one.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks a lot everyone, you are all awesome. It's really frustrating, but, I'm just gonna enjoy the content that's been popping up here (it seems like this forum has had some steady activity lately) and enjoy the occasional trip to the flea market (I'll let you know what I find). I'll take it easy and sleep a lot and probably dream of digging, haha

Thank you all for your good wishes!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !!!! Man !!! I dont even know what to say. Thats a lot of broken parts. !!! At least your spirit isnt broken. Keep your chin up. Youll be digging sooner than you think.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am terribly sorry to hear this news and my thoughts and prayers will be with you. At the same time I am thankful you didn't come out of this with permanent damage (hopefully) and you are fortunate to still be alive today. Wishing you a quick and painless recovery

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dudes! Yeah, it's bad, but I guess it could have been waaay worse. I'm glad to at least be out of the hospital and at home now, where I can look at my collection or do some research in the meantime. My good friend is coming to visit this weekend and we're going to hit some flea markets and also the library, they have some great old local maps there.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man . I feel for ya . I have put may self in the hospital a couple of times , but when your out there living your life doing the things you like sometimes there's a bet if risk . you'll be ok.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you have a speedy recovery, that has to hurt a great deal. You never know. I hope you stumble on some good places to dig!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch!
Mega ouch.
You want to rehab what you can first and the rest as possible.....strength goes away too easy , compared to getting it back.
You have a second chance at life...(again probably :laughing7:).
Enjoy your summer best you can.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, all of you! I'm moody as heck because I feel so caged and I'm not used to it at all, but I'm trying to stay positive and think about the huge digging potential that this year still holds. I've already found some of my best stuff this year and I have no doubt that there will be more.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you are back at it soon. Time for some avid site research and some counting of blessings. Glad you are still able to think bottles.

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you heal up quick bud need see your digging pics soon!:BangHead:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok. let's make the best of this. You were on your Harley chopper and you saw this chick being harassed by three guys in a pick-up with either Georgia or Texas plates. They had run her off the road and you instantly went to her aid. You took care of two of them, but the third one hit you from behind with a tire tool. You shook it off, took out the other one and made sure the girl was safe. Then you collapsed and woke up in the hospital. Now that will pick up a little beauty that will help you mend and even carry your detector when you hit the trail again. Good luck buddy. Tomorrow has got to be a better day.

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Get better soon my man. Sorry to hear about your accident. We don't fare to well against cars, trucks, or trailers. Hopefully you'll get out before the season ends. I go crazy when I can only dig once a week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread