NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I can't dig for a while I'm gonna be spending more time at the flea markets. Today I picked up these two jars at reasonable prices. First we've got a nice Haserot quart with some bubbles and inclusions, my first. Then we've got an interesting Crown jar that I just had to grab. The crown design is very unusual and almost resembles that of an old Coronet jar, those weird Crown jars that were made between 1906 and 1908 out in British Columbia. I wonder if this is some sort of transitional jar from the time after they did away with the name "Coronet", or if every Crown jar from out west looks something like this. This jar's crown has 12 points and dots on the left side and 11 on the right, and it looks uneven and asymmetrical in places. The 'C' also lacks the usual serif. Do any of you know anything about this jar?

DSCF6664.JPG

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know nothing about your jars. Cool finds though.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just starting to get into jars. You know more than me. What I know is they are both very nice and look old. Im a sucker for crowns. Nice to here your up and about.

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real nice jars the crown is one of my favorites.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking anyway, Goldenplug!

Blak bart, I've liked jars for as long as I've liked bottles, or glass in general really. Since I don't find many intact jars while digging, I have to settle for simply buying them!

sunrunner, I like 'em too! This is one of the more interesting Crowns that I've seen in a while, very nice specimen. Do you see/find a lot of Crowns in the States?

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no the only one I have ever found in one piece was up state N Y. many years ago . I have found shards in other dumps in new England . Down here in the south not so much . the lake of milk bottles and canning jars is bewildering .

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, I guess that kind of makes sense, maybe because down south you don't have the long harsh winters that make the preserving of food goods essential? And maybe without refrigeration it's just way too hot for milk?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread