Unbelievable dig today

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1466209172.123657.jpg This is a great (BIM) crowntop from the same dig.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has some excellent history. Home of Uncle Sam.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, that comment about not even having to bring digging tools and going home with a bunch of good bottles makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - that is like the holy grail of bottle digging, that spot where you can rest assured that there will always be beauties to find for many digging adventures to come. I can't wait to find that kind of spot. Most of mine last about a week or two. I yearn for that one big old hill where I can remain forever in bottle paradise, haha

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. It won't last forever! You'll find a spot like this. Keep at your researching. You need to pursue communities with a large population back pre1900.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your style! It's out there somewhere... For now, it is actually very fun to bounce back and forth between places. I know around a couple dozen spots, and even the dug-out ones could still contain that one mysterious lurker...

But yeah, I wonder if some people get a bit desensitized by a spot like this. Haha, I know that sounds weird, but I'll watch these guys on YouTube who almost seem to have had too much success for too long or something, and they dig bottle after beautiful bottle and throw them over their shoulders with this sort of attitude because they're slicks or because they aren't blown or because they're colourless and I shake my head and think, "I hope I never end up like that". Like, I saw this one video where a guy was smashing warranted flasks because they weren't desirable to him! Unreal.

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't smash that stuff ever. I just leave them for future generations. I simply can't carry everything I find from this place and I don't have the room to display them. I have probably a couple hundred bottles at my house that I haven't ever brought inside. I just don't have the room or they aren't "nice enough" to display along side my other ones. When I first started digging I decided to have the largest castoria collection in the world and that idea got old quickly as they began to add up. Now they stay at the dump!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right, totally, I see what you mean.

HAHA, "I decided to have the largest castoria collection in the world", oh my goodness that is way too funny

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woooo weeee!!! Everthing like those in the mangroves is broken. Wow man thats awsome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread