Dr. Oliver Phelps Brown Herbal Ointment- Jersey City

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at one of my sites doing shovel tests and found this little guy. Finding glass here is slow going due to how I have to do my digging. I can't dig trenches or pits at this lot but have to rely solely on these test holes and probing. I do find a lot this way but the finds are random, as most of the large trash pit has been dug at on previous trips here. Pretty cool bottle, thick glass and an aqua color.

DSC00038.JPG DSC00039.JPG DSC00053.JPG DSC00051.JPG mmmkl (3).JPG DSC00054.JPG

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like beach sand.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like beach sand.

Well, I am about three hundred feet from a river bank and down at 15 inches deep. At 18 inches it does become a bit more sandy. It does make the digging a bit easier than what you all may have to go through up north. Attached is some pics from my records showing the typical strata of this site at intervals of six inches to show the soil consistency. I am not dealing with roots at all here, just a lot of clamshells...from the household diet.

tyvc (5).JPG tyvc (4).JPG tyvc (6).JPG

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes much different. But the results are the same. You found a nice old bottle and im sure theres more treasure in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread