bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, got out on Saturday to do some digging with a friend at his spot (same place I found two hutches earlier this year, one was unlisted, I made a post about it) and had some success. You gotta work hard in the mud to get down to the real old stuff, but there are some nice bottles preserved down there. Besides some common odds and ends I dug three good bottles: a P Fitzsimons blob dated 1880 with a really nice harp embossed on the back, a J.R. Burdsall's Arnica Liniment that seems 1870s to me, and a beautifully embossed local blob (unfortunately one I already had but I'll take it!). Also got a really awesome heartbreaker that I just had to save. It was a super crude Schnapps type bottle, unembossed and with a hole in it. It has the most psychedelic looking iridescence that I have ever seen, a product of lying in 3ft of mud for so many years! It still blows my mind how cool it looks. Overall had fun and gotta get back there soon, it'll be 2+ weeks unfortunately. Thanks for looking! DSCF0222.JPG DSCF0207.JPG DSCF0208.JPG DSCF0212.JPG DSCF0223.JPG DSCF0225.JPG DSCF0227.JPG DSCF0230.JPG

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shamer on the square. That's some of the prettiest iridescence that I've ever seen! Beats a lot of the famed Benicia examples.

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bottle should play jefferson airplane everytime you pick it up! You got some nice keepers. Love those blobtops you got!

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Man, you're having a great run. That Fitzsimons is so nice. Hope the two weeks fly by for you.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooow, awesome finds!

That Fitzsimons blob is beautiful! Great amber ink and liniment, too! And yeah, jeez, that iridescence is insane, the heaviest I've seen for sure.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you're having a great run. That Fitzsimons is so nice. Hope the two weeks fly by for you.

Thanks! The next two weeks will be busy but maybe I'll be able to do something. If not I'll be doing lots of digging afterwards!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooow, awesome finds!

That Fitzsimons blob is beautiful! Great amber ink and liniment, too! And yeah, jeez, that iridescence is insane, the heaviest I've seen for sure.

Thanks! That spot is insane, my friend and I will have lots of digging for possibly even years to come.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice finds. That square is a heartbreaker. Keep at it and show us some more. jgas

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny, when I was watching your videos and also your friend's, I thought that the landscapes and the mud you both dug around in looked strikingly similar, and I said, "I wonder if these dudes are from the same area" and sure enough, you two are friends. You guys sound like you're about my age, maybe a little younger, 'wish I had peeps around here in my age group that were into digging. It must be nice having spots that good, and digging buddies nice enough to share those spots with! Yeah, your friend consistently finds the most unbelievable stuff in that spot. He casually pulls out Safe Cures and blobs and pottery, it's crazy. If I were you guys I'd keep that spot between yourselves!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, that liniment looked niiiice on video, so many big bubbles and beautiful embossing. You should show us all a nice picture of that one when it's all cleaned up.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny, when I was watching your videos and also your friend's, I thought that the landscapes and the mud you both dug around in looked strikingly similar, and I said, "I wonder if these dudes are from the same area" and sure enough, you two are friends. You guys sound like you're about my age, maybe a little younger, 'wish I had peeps around here in my age group that were into digging. It must be nice having spots that good, and digging buddies nice enough to share those spots with! Yeah, your friend consistently finds the most unbelievable stuff in that spot. He casually pulls out Safe Cures and blobs and pottery, it's crazy. If I were you guys I'd keep that spot between yourselves!

Yeah he's a few years younger than I but it was great to accidentally meet him at a bottle show. This spot has been one he's been hitting for a real long time now and I've gone twice for a couple hours, it's really amazing. There's still so much. And yeah I forgot to get pics of the liniment, I'll post them in a couple hours.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As promised, here are the pics of the Burdsall's Arnica Liniment. Unfortunately the mud was not as kind to this bottle, it's more white and cloudy rather than iridescent. And a quick Google search shows that something with the same name is still sold today! DSCF0236.JPG DSCF0237.JPG DSCF0238.JPG DSCF0239.JPG DSCF0240.JPG DSCF0241.JPG

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, looks good! I really do like that liniment, it's a nice shape and it's got so much going on.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bhoc, great post buddy. That sickness in that bottle does remind me of some 60's and 70's posters and album covers for sure. What fantastic colors. Shame that it's broke. Keep on keeping on! Peace and love.[emoji111]🏻️

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome dig dude. That dated pony is awesome . I love finding bottles with dates. And that liniment is really never seen that one before.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread