Found a bottle on the ground

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went walking in the woods and looked down and saw this! I think it's the older style of Bixby bottles. I have found lots of bixby's but this is a first in this style I've found. Bonus was its a no dig! Small minor chip off the lip. It's going in the window I don't care. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467493823.440499.jpg . The Bixby window. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467493878.607494.jpg

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful glass!
HH
dts

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldenplug, you can't not find awesome things.

Nice one! Gotta love just picking them off the ground in the woods, I call those "chucks". I've only found one or two worth keeping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NJ I find lots of junk too. I just don't pick it up! (That's a lie. I pick up lots of junk too :))

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we've all taken home junk that we thought was worth keeping in the heat of the moment. Sometimes one man's trash is simply another man's trash.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that you guys can find bottles on top of the ground. I'm a bit jealous

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are two I found right beside each other on the first day of last September, kind of weird to find the Vapo-Cresolene, considering it's poisonous without the burning apparatus. Heck, a Bixby is pretty strange too, but then, people reused empty bottles for all sorts of things back then. Who knows, maybe long ago a hunter was carrying that Bixby full of shot or something, and simply tossed it after running out.

Then this spring I found an amethyst extract or perfume sort of bottle and an Eclectric Oil in a little narrow washout leading into the creek.

vapo.jpg

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that you guys can find bottles on top of the ground. I'm a bit jealous

That's not my intention! The area I live in is very old. Lots of the older sections now are slightly dilapidated and it's become lower income areas. I think most of the people living there don't even go into the woods or if they did they don't care about the old trash.

Nice poison bottle! I'd be happy to find that.

Last edited:

diggerbutt

Dec 31, 2013
El Paso
Detector(s) used
AT Pro-Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I find many of my personal prized possessions on the surface. It depends on where you go or live. Congrats, on an awesome find.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions