Please HELP IDENTIFY ARTIST ! Glass art Vase TALL (patog/patoy?) Murano?

Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100

Attachments

• IMG_6726.JPG
    IMG_6726.JPG
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6727.JPG
    IMG_6727.JPG
    914.5 KB · Views: 115

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks of the vase and style of the signature, I'd say it's an unknown hobbyist/amateur made piece. The "double barrel" is an attempt at a double helix design in my opinion.

OP
OP
R
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Thanks! I need to get proper lighting to get better photos, this piece does not look amateur off camera. It's a very well done piece I'll see if I can get better lighting for pics, The double barrel- is just more like a spiral , or a spiral staircase...spins all the way down ( I doubt they were going for a D Helix were they would have connector sections all the way down,,so there's two holes instead of one and the neck is fluted and curved, which was done on purpose for looks, which is was I think it's some sort of Studio Art glass piece , with a murano touch....still trying ti find proper ID /artist based on signature.

none the less thank you for the useful information .

Haliaeetus

Jul 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it say "P" "A" "T" "0" "2"?

Any more details on where/when it came from?

Thanks

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i know a group of guys at Pilchuck that blow glass as a hobby, they have a lot of fun and blow a lot of interesting but amateurish stuff...yours is most likely as was stated before...done by a hobbyist.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know a group of guys at Pilchuck that blow glass as a hobby, they have a lot of fun and blow a lot of interesting but amateurish stuff...yours is most likely as was stated before...done by a hobbyist.
That's what I think too. Mostly judging by the signature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread