Some different finds from this weekend, need help with a couple IDs!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

I've been mobile for a few weeks now, regaining just enough strength to walk to and from my digging spots, haha, feels good! 'Happy to be back, you've all been finding some great stuff! :headbang:

I went bottle digging the other day and came out with only a fragmented crock to piece back together. I also wanted to show you this candy display jar that my uncle gave me, I think it's from around 1920.

Anyway, my big brother is home for the weekend, and yesterday we went metal detecting at my burnt down house site. I had never detected it before so it was nice to throw him some dirt to scan through for anything I may have missed. We aren't keeping all this junk but we wanted to take some of it home to look at. We found some interesting things: the first clay pipe bowl I've seen, a pontiled bottle base, a super tiny bottle probably from the 1880s, a witch's broom of a fork, what looks like a lead pencil, some kind of slag, a hoe, a file, some square nails, an old porcelain doll head with a number 2 embossed on the back of his neck, a beautiful ornate buckle of some sort with what looks like glass beads, and a 1919 silver dime! We visited another old site in the evening and uncovered another interesting buckle. It has a crazed stoneware sort of dome painted red, white, and blue, bolted onto a floral looking brass or copper back. We think that maybe the iron bolt is not original and that it was used to repair the buckle. If you look on either side of the square nut, you can see what looks like scars where the original prongs would have been. The buckle is just under 3 inches in diameter.

I would love it if you guys could tell me more about the glass bead buckle thing, as well as the large floral buckle. I know that maybe I should have posted this in a different forum, but I like it here.

Thank you for your help!

DSCF6797.JPG DSCF6800.JPG DSCF6804c.jpg DSCF6808.JPG DSCF6811.JPG DSCF6812.JPG DSCF6816.JPG DSCF6817.JPG

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you are out kicking around in the dirt.

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, dudes!

It feels so darn good to dig again, I'm glad I have a few months of digging time left before the big freeze. I'll definitely be pulling the metal detector out again and checking out some new spots. I'll keep you all posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread