Some new Paterson stuff and a few jugs from Passaic too...

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
My most recent additions, some from auctions, some from bottle shows and some from people contacting me after Google searches...

The Power & Stalter jug and the J.R.A. Power are both 1 gallon jugs, the partnership of Power & Stalter was John J. Power, the son of J.R.A. Power seen on the other jug and William W. Stalter sometime after 1903. The J.R.A. Power jug dates between 1879-1891.

The Swinley aqua weiss beer bottle was found at a bottle show in NY by an internet friend, it is only the 2nd one documented, I also have it in dark amber.

The two Passaic jugs I picked up because of their size. The Posern Bros. is the typical 1/2 gallon size, as you can see the Lederer Bros. is somewhat smaller. Passaic is on the other side of me from Paterson, so when I see jugs from there, at a great price, especially this size, I can't pass them up to use for future Paterson trades or for display.

I also picked up 1901 & 09 David Boyle hutches, I need the 09' to fill that gap in my run, the 01' will go to my mentor who needs one. At that yard sale I also got a Thomas Rooney 1/2 gallon ink stamper from Passaic, a 28 oz. Silk City Bottling soda from Paterson, which was known as the Silk City at one time. Finally I got a Canadian 1/2 gallon from Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada, I figured I might find a buyer or someone to trade with....

zzpower.jpg
zpow.jpg
zzswinl.jpg
zzpos.jpg
zzq1.jpg
zzq5.jpg
zzq2.jpg
zzq6.jpg

Thanks for looking... Jim

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks showing them off Jim. You may need to add a couple of rooms to your house if this collection keeps growing! Good stuff as always, keep doing what you do

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks showing them off Jim. You may need to add a couple of rooms to your house if this collection keeps growing! Good stuff as always, keep doing what you do
Thanks, my two BEST finds are in the Paintings section and both on loan to the Paterson Museum. I'm considering slimming down a little by MAYBE getting rid of my seltzers and my crown tops that aren't related to large bottlers like David Boyle. The good thing is I have begun loaning out stuff to local museums, leaves me some room and hopefully gets some younger people interested in collecting so I have people to sell the collection to someday... LOL

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep thinking "okay, this is it, he's finally found everything", but then you keep coming back with more and more beautiful pieces! Congrats. I love the jugs!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, my two BEST finds are in the Paintings section and both on loan to the Paterson Museum. I'm considering slimming down a little by MAYBE getting rid of my seltzers and my crown tops that aren't related to large bottlers like David Boyle. The good thing is I have begun loaning out stuff to local museums, leaves me some room and hopefully gets some younger people interested in collecting so I have people to sell the collection to someday... LOL

Glad to see you "giving back" by sharing your collection with others. Great work

64junkman

Aug 15, 2022
My most recent additions, some from auctions, some from bottle shows and some from people contacting me after Google searches...

The Power & Stalter jug and the J.R.A. Power are both 1 gallon jugs, the partnership of Power & Stalter was John J. Power, the son of J.R.A. Power seen on the other jug and William W. Stalter sometime after 1903. The J.R.A. Power jug dates between 1879-1891.

The Swinley aqua weiss beer bottle was found at a bottle show in NY by an internet friend, it is only the 2nd one documented, I also have it in dark amber.

The two Passaic jugs I picked up because of their size. The Posern Bros. is the typical 1/2 gallon size, as you can see the Lederer Bros. is somewhat smaller. Passaic is on the other side of me from Paterson, so when I see jugs from there, at a great price, especially this size, I can't pass them up to use for future Paterson trades or for display.

I also picked up 1901 & 09 David Boyle hutches, I need the 09' to fill that gap in my run, the 01' will go to my mentor who needs one. At that yard sale I also got a Thomas Rooney 1/2 gallon ink stamper from Passaic, a 28 oz. Silk City Bottling soda from Paterson, which was known as the Silk City at one time. Finally I got a Canadian 1/2 gallon from Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada, I figured I might find a buyer or someone to trade with....

View attachment 1371863
View attachment 1371864
View attachment 1371866
View attachment 1371867
View attachment 1371868
View attachment 1371869
View attachment 1371870
View attachment 1371871

Thanks for looking... Jim
Jim, do you still have the Posern Bros. jug? Robert

64junkman

Aug 15, 2022
Sold it to my buddy who collects Passaic items...
Thanks for the quick answer. I have a 2 gal. stoneware jug that I got in NJ back in the '60s and a bottle w/ a porcelain stopper, both Posern Bros. I thought I'd find some more to add to my set. Will keep looking on the auction sites for flasks and bottles. Good luck w/ your Patterson searches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread