Hello Bottle hunters, invite

George12047

Oct 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from NY. I have been told my backyard sits on a bottle dump from the 40 and or later. My buddy brought this up after we talked about bottles, "his passion" is collecting anything historic in nature, Well after poking around he found many different colors of glass. I used to see this glass over the years riding dirt bikes when i was younger, I never occurred to me that this was a bottle dump my thought was kids breaking bottles or vandalism. My buddy says to me this is an old bottle dump and I looked at him with this weird look, "why do you think this?".. After looking and thinking like a non stubborn human I realized the glass that kept coming was not put there by vandalism but by the art of dumping. Any hoot i would love to see what comes from the ground from those interested..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - So, Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
bottle1.gif
2nd - Get out and find some bottles and post them - would love to see what ya find.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! Usually the older stuff is deeper and/or at the base on the dump (the dumps were often near a hill). Good luck and be careful ;)

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard --Dig it :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread