Trash pit cobalt and milk

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although 1920 era pits are not my favorites, sometimes I get a few nice ones. Older pits are harder to find these days so I take what I can get and won't complain....to loudly. Anyhow one good advantage of these later pits are the possibility of digging a bottle with local interest that fit the time period. Today I happened to pull a very nice example of a local dairy milk bottle. Super excited about it as it may be a rare one from this area...at least I have never seen one. Also a few Cobalt Bromos, the third and fourth from pits on this property. The rest was just some Owens Glass pieces but I keep em still.Oh and there was one clay marble and a few Abalone buttons that proved to be way too delicate and I am still trying to figure out how to keep em in one piece. thanks for lookin, vn

DSC00009.JPG DSC00023.JPG DSC00021.JPG DSC00002.JPG DSC00012.JPG DSC00016.JPG marble.JPG

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
really nice finds. also like the clay marble. i found a marble today, but not clay. congrats!!!!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, thanks for the post

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
Do you screen your trash pits? I've thought about trying that, but the logistics would be a nightmare.

OP
OP
villagenut

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you screen your trash pits? I've thought about trying that, but the logistics would be a nightmare.

I don't screen every pit, some are filled with too much broken glass. Others like this one have many intact pieces which means a lot of siftable dirt which helps in saving marbles,buttons etc. Every hole is different, and these pits that I am into are on much older historic land, that you never know what may show up.....the dirt is older than the actual trash pit.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool bottles V-nut, :icon_thumright: I enjoy finding them yet, I do not go out to dig trash piles ....yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread