Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some dumb reason I have an obsession with bleach bottles. They are some of the first bottles I ever brought home. I pile the doubles and triples every half mile above the tide line in the mangroves. You know, just incase I need more. I cant even remember how many different brands ive collected. Clorox, roman, aloma, dazzle, rainbow, etc.etc. like a fish attracted to a shiny lure I cant resist them. My wife says if I bring anymore home she will start breaking them. When hurricane Matthew was threating us I spent hours packing and protecting them. Ive never checked values because I just like them. When I see broken ones in the mangroves I cant look at them. I used to find 10-20 a mile in the old days. I hang them in trees as trail markers now. They are my white whale. photo-200.JPG
photo-199.JPG
I love the way the light plays off them. Call me crazy !!! Oh well !!

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
I have all the Clorox and some Old Sol Elephants. I don't collect the jugs. Very hard to find a cork top Clorox with it's original label.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all the Clorox and some Old Sol Elephants. I don't collect the jugs. Very hard to find a cork top Clorox with it's original label.

I have to cork tops both without labels. It took awhile to find them. Nice to see someone else collects them.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !! Thats cool crusty. I definitely don't have that one. Lots of embossing, and clear !! Most bleaches are brown. I think uv light breaks down the chlorine. How old do you think that one is?? I couldn't quite see the top. Very nice.

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge amount of embossing yes I've read that bleach bottles were brown so the light didn't affect them. I couldn't find any info on this company (Dupuis E.Z. bleach water) but I did find this listing that sounds exactly like this bottle. They say 1900-1920 which is about the same time frame as the other bottles that I dug from the same site. Below is the listing I found. I wish I could find more info on it. It is pretty cool bottle. Not sure of the significance of the embossed Indian head either but it's awesome! It's an early screw top.
VINTAGE DUPUIS "E-Z" BLEACH INDIAN HEAD BOTTLE | #48843992

Crusty Shellback

Jul 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a better pic of the embossed Indian Head and the screw top: Bleach top.JPG Bleach.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread