The Pipe that hid the Cryers!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hello all Treasure Hunters, jgas here once again. I know its been a long time, too long really, that I have posted anything. Doesn't mean I have not been digging. Just means that computer technology stinks sometimes and mine has been on the fritz as of late. But here we are back up and running...and digging :laughing7:. So as you can see in the pictures we started out with a pure ash pit. Two bottles in it. 1890's ash too so we can't stand that stuff. Really dry and powdery. But light weight to toss back into the pit. :headbang: So off to the next one on the other side of the yard. It felt really good. Hard pack all the way past 4 feet then bammo, the top of the use layer. Hit glass on the first poke. Sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes it's not. The reason I say that is because if you probe and probe enough to get the perimeter of the pit located and you hit glass everytime, in our experience we seem to find that most of the glass is shattered. If you hit glass every three or four pokes then the glass seems to be more intact. Whole bottles just under a void in the Use Layer. :icon_thumright: So we started digging and wouldn't you know it a water pipe right through the top of the pit. :BangHead: We had to move a bit and come into it from the side a bit. No biggie jut more exercise! :tongue3: On down we go through a seriously hard pack of dirt and small gravel like rocks. At about 5 feet Don uncovers the first Looker! And the first Cryer! Thought it was going to be whole but it was blasted. :BangHead: Don was wiped out from digging through this huge cap so I went in and found a nice pickle jar. It was whole so it was looking up. But soon enough as we entered the Use Layer we could easily see that whomever was living here had a bucket up top and was smashing everything. The occasional inkwell and other smaller meds arrived but nothing great. Then the next super cryer. The shattered Manitou Bitters with the Indian on the front. I think that might be a decent Bitters. If anyone knows more about it please let me know. :icon_thumright: Then we found a decent Hutch and the bottom. Don located another Cryer as he pulled out parts of a honey amber Chapin and Gore Chicago strapside flask. Ugh....It just didn't want to give up a good one today. But at least the computer is not broken and I will be documenting a ton of digs as we go. Hope the weather holds a bit more before we hang up the probes and shovels for the winter. Good Luck to all of you out there. It's great to be back! :icon_thumright: :thumbsup: jgas

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 89
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 106
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 96
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 106
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 99
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 96
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 91
  • s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 91
  • s9.jpg
    s9.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 98
  • s10.jpg
    s10.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 94
  • s11.jpg
    s11.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 95
  • s12.jpg
    s12.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 94
  • s13.jpg
    s13.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 92
  • s14.jpg
    s14.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 103
  • s15.jpg
    s15.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 93
  • s16.jpg
    s16.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 95
  • s17.jpg
    s17.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 93
  • s18.jpg
    s18.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 95

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been missing your posts! Thanks for showing us this one and sorry about the cryers! The hutch looks nice

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would have been a nice bitters

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
That water line isn't very deep, probably to a lawn sprinkler system that would be blown out with compressed air every year so it couldn't freeze, but I know the criers will whet your appetite and keep you coming back for more...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear from you again jgas. Been wondering how you were doing since we haven't seen much of you on here. Glad to see you slinging some sugar sand. That bitters is a sure enough cry baby crier. Sorry about that one. I hope to see more from you soon. Thanks for all the photos too.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
here we are digging "trash" out of "toilets"...but dam! trash from 100 years ago is pretty cool stuff....I just can't see today's plastic water bottles and white bleach bottles wagging anyone's tail 100 years from now...

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that bitters !!! What I would give ! Congrats on the rest , nice hutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread