My first dump dig.

kbark1973

Jul 6, 2013
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Just a cheap ol bounty hunter☹️
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was seeing a lot of broken glass near a small creek where a ravine is located between two hills. I decided to go up this ravine just to check it out and started seeing these bottle tops and bottoms sticking out the sides of the ravine all over! I started digging around for a whole bottle but didn't have a lot of time to explore. I have never dug bottles or dumps before but this is what I found in about 20 minutes. Can anyone estimate the date of any of these? Thanks. Can't wait to go back when I have more time!!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Looks like you've got some shards from around the turn of the century to about 1915. Anything a century old would get me digging. Welcome, good luck, and let us know what you find!

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard, always good to see new faces on here.

I'm with NJKLAGT on this one. If I found those sticking out of the bank of a ravine it would keep me awake at night dreaming of what else might be there. Good luck and happy digging!

GoingDigging

Jul 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes good enough age. Get a shovel and get in there asap. Would also possibly keep me awake.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start slinging some dirt

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might just be a bottle digger for life if you keep it up, there's some older complete bottles waiting for you, now go get em.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep. I'd be going at that place like an Army of Fire Carpenter Ants !!! Please don't stop. Keep on digging! Jgas

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i keep those too...anything with words on it and all bottle necks

OP
OP
kbark1973

kbark1973

Jul 6, 2013
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Just a cheap ol bounty hunter☹️
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading back out to this spot this weekend and I am jacked up!! Been thinking all week about what I could possibly unearth! I think I've been bitten by the bottle digging bug boys! I am out every chance I get, looking for arrowheads. That is how I found this dump so now between the two hobbies, I may never be home!!! I will post pics if I find anything unbroken or cool and unusual. Later.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread