Love this colour

VintageHeart

Nov 27, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481115464.140634.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481115487.710267.jpg Just love this colour of bottle, a light turquoise. Archibalds pain balsam. Bottle is broken, but it's still lovely. Not sure of age.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey!

This is your oldest find yet, your first blown bottle! Made by hand and not a machine. Looks to be from around the 1890s. A beautiful colour indeed! I'd go back and poke around some more in that same spot. I couldn't find this bottle anywhere online with a quick search, so who knows, maybe it's uncommon.

What does your digging situation look like?

OP
OP
VintageHeart

VintageHeart

Nov 27, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey!

This is your oldest find yet, your first blown bottle! Made by hand and not a machine. Looks to be from around the 1890s. A beautiful colour indeed! I'd go back and poke around some more in that same spot. I couldn't find this bottle anywhere online with a quick search, so who knows, maybe it's uncommon.

What does your digging situation look like?

Wonderful! And thank you. I just did some research. As early as 1868 Matthew Archibald(1828-1894) was described as a druggist and manufacturer of patent medicines such as Archibald's Vegetable Pain Balsam and a few others. He was born in Pictou Nova Scotia which is not too far from where I am in Merigomish Nova Scotia[emoji106]🏻 I've explored my 16 acre property and have found many bottle dump sites, not just bottles but other items and even in the river bed I find things. I found a Victorian ladies ankle boot in the dirt! Will post that today sometime. It's amazing that it was so well preserved.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its does have great color... 1903 is the tipping point that ABM bottle making started. (Automatic Bottle Machine) All machine made. This bottle was blown in a mold, then the neck was stretched out while the glass was hot of course and then the top cut and the lip tool inserted to create the bottles lip. Cool bottle.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there ya go, great job finding some information! And wow, that boot would be very interesting to see. Keep digging and keep 'em coming.

OP
OP
VintageHeart

VintageHeart

Nov 27, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its does have great color... 1903 is the tipping point that ABM bottle making started. (Automatic Bottle Machine) All machine made. This bottle was blown in a mold, then the neck was stretched out while the glass was hot of course and then the top cut and the lip tool inserted to create the bottles lip. Cool bottle.

Thank you for your help[emoji2]

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep slinging dirt. You will get into some good stuff if you don't give up

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would expect that if you keep at that particular hole, you will come up with the rest of the finish (lip).I would recommend a sifter to tour arsenal of digging implements.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread